Let it Brimmed || Tsukishima Kei

Your phone has been buzzing nonstop for the past fifteen minutes. You only glances at it, ignoring the phone call and all of the incoming messages from god knows who.

Insecurity is a bitch, that's what you know for sure. Your parents somehow always told you that it was your burden alone, and you couldn't drag people down by showing your weakness.

But sometimes, you just hope you didn't have to go through all of this on your own. You didn't particularly know what hit you right now. It's not that something triggers you, and you were so sick with how your mind works at the moment.

You could be smiling in a minute, thinking about how mean your boyfriend was toward the others but not you. And the other minute the smile could dissipate as you wonder why Tsukishima Kei wanted to be with you.

You are just an average student, someone in the same class as the setter of Karasuno. There's nothing enthralling from your physique, and you still questioned how you got yourself a boyfriend.

You were falling too deep in your own battle, sat at the corner of the room, trying to fight the insecurity alone. Crying wouldn't do much, that's what you learn from your parents.

So you just keep biting your lips, trying to hold back the tears. Because from what you can conclude from your parents words, just tears means weakness.

And you didn't want to feel weak, not even when you were at the peak of your sanity.

Sometimes you just want to scream for a simple thing. You wanted to cry when you got bad grades, you wanted to cry when your homework was due tomorrow and you haven't finished it.

You wanted to cry out of frustration, wanting to know the feeling to let you feel all of that as you question the outcome of it.

And in the middle of your own thought, someone sat in front of you, lifting your chin so your eyes could bore into his.

You widened your eyes at the sight of your boyfriend, sitting there with his usual facade without uttering a word.

"W-What are you doing here?" You were surprised, you remember that he had a volleyball practice until late. So you didn't expect him to be here right now.

"You are stupid if you think I didn't notice." He sounded angry as he spat the word, but there's another emotion lingering there, "You started to distance yourself from me, I know you do."

It was something that you always did, trying to be as far as you can with anyone that you really care. All because it became your defensive mechanism as you know you shouldn't burden anyone with your own problem.

And this is something that your boyfriend wanted to change,

"I don't care anymore but," He untied the plastic bag that he brought from the way here, "Your mom told me that you haven't eaten for dinner," His finger gently opened up the box, "And you need to have something."

You sobbed at the sight, he just bought you a sweet strawberry shortcake. His favourite food that you somehow like the taste of because it felt like you were near him every time you eat it.

Knowing you didn't react to eat the cake, his hand grasped the little plastic fork that came with the box, cutting the edge of it and directing it in front of your lips.

"You need to eat," His voice was a mix of plea and command, and so there's nothing you could do except cater to his wish. A small smile appeared on his face when you ate the cake, "Good?"

"Pewfek." You answered him immediately when the question was out from his lips. You know the taste of this cake, it was from the favourite patisserie that he always brought you to.