With Time || Kageyama Tobio

When he lived in Italy to maintain his dream, never once crossed his mind that someone from the past would slide into his life all of a sudden. No, it's not like he was happy over this whole situation, it was the exact opposite of it actually.

To say that Hinata Shouyou was bearable in his eyes-yes, maybe. At least when compared to you, he would choose the orange-haired man any goddamn time. Yet you really had to show up in his apartment, uninvited (well your brother has told him about it, but it was five minutes before your arrival so that doesn't count).

"I am so sorry, Kageyama!" The second he picked up the phone, your brother's voice attacked his hearing. He didn't want to jinx it, but somehow he had bad feelings about it.

"What is it now?" He leaned himself on the kitchen counter as he listened to the phone call. Did he just cook? No, of course not. He just brewed some coffee that fortunately ended up in success.

"Do you remember (Y/n)?" Your brother asked timidly, knowing the fact that you and the setter never seen eye to eye, "She's my sister, my lovely little sister that become our manager when-"

"Tch, I know. I remember." Dread, it was there on your brother's mind the second Kageyama clicked his tongue, "What is it? Just tell me." He sipped the coffee that he made before, and almost burst it out because of the bitter taste. How the fuck people could drink this?

"Well, so, she was in Italy right now. The same city as yours..." Kageyama hummed a little, telling the man on the other line to continue, "Her flight was delayed and her company could only find the flight next week..." The setter grabbed some sugar and milk as he listened, "So I told her to stay with you..."

The black-haired man was currently pouring some milk on his coffee when your brother finished the sentence, resulting in him accidentally spilling his milk to the kitchen islands.

"MY MILK!" He groaned, searching for a napkin as he sobbed at the sight. It was not because his kitchen became a mess now. It was the fact he just wasted a lot of fresh milk that his club teammates bought him, "You, boke! You just made me spilt my milk!"

"I AM SORRY, KAGEYAMA!" Your brother shrieked, feeling like the second they faced each other, the setter would toss a ball right on his face (that's actually a lot better than him picking a jump serve though).

"Hinata, you know (Y/n) and I always want to strangle each other." He let out a sigh, didn't know what his nationals teammates were thinking over this.

"But Kageyama! She was just a little girl! What if something happened to her?" Something that both of them knew was how independent you are, so he understood that the reason your brother asked him to let you stay in his house- the worry of a big brother, "I know she could take care of herself. But she was all alone... I couldn't bear the thought of her-"

"Just shut up," Kageyama recognized what the orange-haired man was trying to do. Guilt-tripping him until he said okay, "I will let her stay, you don't have to mope around like this." He could imagine the stars inside your brother's eyes at this moment, "Tell me when she would be here."

Then it was silence. There was no sound at all from the other line. This made him nervous. He wanted to ask the orange-haired man about the sudden hush. But before he could part his lips to speak, the intercom of his apartment beeps.

And now he knew why Hinata Shouyou, your brother, didn't dare to say a word.

"I am going to do a service ace on your face."

"NO! I AM SORRY, I AM SO SORRY!"

»»----- ♔ -----««

He woke up that day due to an unfamiliar noise. His ears caught the sound of the sizzling fare on top of the pan-just because he didn't know how to cook well doesn't mean he wouldn't recognize the sound of food being cooked.