Compromise || Kita Shinsuke

Taking a break for a while from all of those Phantasm Blues angst.

✧・゚: *✧・゚:* ༶• ┈┈ ⛧ ┈ ♛ ♛ ┈ ⛧ ┈┈ •༶ *:・゚✧*:・゚✧

"Purse?"

"Here."

"Handphone?"

"Inside my clutch."

"Your makeup? Lipstick, eyeshadows, face powder—"

You can't help but let out a small chuckle, making him shut his lips tight and shake his head a little. He's always like this. Listing up all of your belongings and any other necessities that you probably need when the two of you are going out.

"I have it all inside this big ass clutch, Shin." He winces a little from your choice of wording. Every syllable that comes out from your lips somehow reminds him of a childish teenager that loves to disobey their parents.

"Alright, alright." But he never complains about the way you speak, "Then if you are ready, we can go to Atsumu's house now." His eyes dart to the expensive watch that circled on his wrist, the one that you gave him for his birthday a year ago.

"Okay, let me wear my heels first!" You walk past him to grab a pair of a black stiletto that match the colour of your dress. You are praying that at the end of the day you can still walk properly, (althought it will be okay if you can't walk properly for that reason).

His brown orbs narrow when he realises the design of your dress. It is actually good, great, perfection. The fabric is velvety and falls perfectly with your figure. The sleeve and the neck are appropriate enough. A little bit revealing, yes, but it's not something that he dislike.

Don't get him wrong, he loves everything that you wear. You know how he always prefers to see you with a dress that is not too revealing, hence the reason why you buy this dress with a sleeve that stops on your elbow and lace which covers your neck.

"You didn't tell me the dress will be like that." You stop in your track and turn to your husband. He has his usual expression showed on his face, but there is a little crease on his forehead that your eyes can catch. Here we go again,

"Oh? You mean this?" You straighten your dress and parted the slit that goes up to your mid-thighs. It's not your intention to show him your skin like that, but you just have to make sure what exactly bothering his mind.

He gives you a curt nod, placing his hand on his jaw as he still debating himself if he will be alright knowing you show off your legs like that. As much as he loves your confidence, sometimes he's still afraid of the hungry look that may fall on your figure.

"Do you have any other dress?"

"Seriously?" Disbelief illustrates all over your face, "Shin, this dress is the most proper that I have."

"Your wedding dress is more proper than this."

"Goodness I make an exception that day because of you."

You subconsciously raise your voice. It's always like this though. You are that one person who people sees as the life of a party, someone who can't be caged—and will never, ever, settle down.

Yet a month after graduating from high school someone slips a ring on your finger. A year later, here you are.

Guilt is visible on his face. It takes him a year to know that you are not happy with the wedding dress. You never say anything, you never complain that day except for maybe about the choices of food. But not your dress, not the venue, and not even how he chose how the wedding held.