Part 1

She jumped out of the bed and ran to the hall as she picked up the remote and switched on the TV, the news was all over, all the channels had the same news as their headline, of course it had to be the headline, he was a Raizada!

The Raizada's were so famous, everyone in the town and outside the town knew them, they were one of the richest people around here, plus they had a pretty good reputation, they were like the good rich people, the ones that never did anything bad, the ones that got whatever they had from their hard work.

"What was the reason?" Khushi asked Kiara as she joined her in the hall, they both sat on the sofa watching the news.

"A Girl." Kiara said sadly as she kept on looking at Khushi, for a moment Khushi looked confused but when realization dawned upon her, she stood up screaming a big no.

"You must be kidding, I barely knew the guy, I mean okay I knew him but not much!" Khushi tried to defend herself.

"But he knew you very well, and he was deeply, madly and obsessively in love with you." Another girl said as she walked inside the house through the main door.

"Avanti is right." Kiara said as she looked at Avanti who joined them, she stood beside Khushi and held her hand trying to calm her down.

"It's been all over the news since they found his body last night Khushi, they are saying that he committed suicide because of failed love and something like that, and we all know this, he had been running around you for over an year now." Avanti explained.

"Yes he had been running around me because he liked me but it wasn't the same from my side, I never liked him, I even told him that many times but he wouldn't just listen." Khushi said sadly.

"Yes Khushi, we know it wasn't your fault, but his family doesn't know that, in fact his elder brother Arnav, he is very angry about it." Avanti said.

"They have to be angry Avanti, they lost their beloved, we would also be angry if something like that ever happened to us." Kiara said.

"Shit man! I never knew he would do something like this, otherwise I would have talked to a family member of his and told them to stop him from doing what he was doing." Khushi said sadly.

"Look, it's not your fault, I mean he was one of the most eligible bachelor in town, obviously after his brother Arnav, so it's not your fault that you wouldn't believe that he was in love with you." Kiara said.

"I dint reject him because I thought he wasn't in love with me Kiara, I rejected him because I wasn't interested in him, I never felt anything like that towards him, yes he might be hot and rich and all that, but I dint love him, I even told him very clearly that nothing like that can ever happen between us."

"We know you did Khushi." Avanti said.

"Then why are you both looking at me like it's my fault he committed suicide, I couldn't be with him pitying him that if I don't get with him he would commit suicide!" Khushi asked her friends angrily.

"We know it's not your fault, but his family thinks so and I think you need to clear that misunderstanding." Kiara suggested.

"I am not giving any explanation to anyone, I know it's not my fault." Khushi said as she headed back to her room angrily.

She locked herself inside the room and jumped on her bed as she hugged her pillow tight, she still couldn't believe that Advik Raizada had committed suicide.

*****

"Khushi ma'am, this are for you." The receptionist called her out while she was headed to her cabin. She was holding a beautiful bouquet of white lilies, the flowers she loved the most.

"Who are this from?" Khushi asked as she received the bouquet with a smile from the receptionist.

"I don't know his name actually, he dint tell me, he just came in and told me to give this to you."

"Okay." Khushi nodded as she walked to her cabin with the bouquet, looking at it hoping to find a note or something so that she could know who had sent it.

She found a tiny note placed in between the lilies, she pulled it out as she placed the bouquet on her table and settled down on her chair as she read the note.

"Beautiful flowers, for a beautiful lady. From your admirer, Advik."

Khushi smiled as she placed down the note wondering who Advik was, she had never met any guy with that name, plus he called himself her admirer, it was strange but sweet.

*****

"Khushi! Are you okay?" Kiara and Avanti both asked as they knocked at the door of her room.

Khushi wiped her tears and walked towards the door to open it, she hugged her friends tightly breaking down completely.

It was terrible and hurting to find out that Advik had committed suicide, it was so heartbreaking.

"He was a good guy, I remember he always used to send me flowers at work despite me telling him not to, he said he liked seeing the smile on my face when I looked at the flowers." Khushi said as she broke the hug.

"I know babe, but please don't cry, we can't change what has already happened."

"I wish he had talked to me once, telling me he was giving up on life, maybe I would have been able to change things." Khushi said as she turned around and walked back inside as both her friends followed her.

"He was such a nice guy, I feel so bad that he's no more. I wish I could have done something to stop all this from happening, but what do I do, I mean yes, he was really sweet, caring, romantic and what not, but I just couldn't feel anything towards him. Maybe if I had felt even a bit for him then this wouldn't have happened today."

"We can't control our feelings Khushi, we can't decide who we are supposed to feel for and who we aren't supposed to feel for, it's all natural, it happened on its own so don't think you could have done anything to stop him from taking his own life, you shouldn't have to forced yourself for something to make someone else happy, plus you dint even know what was going on in his mind." Kiara said.

"I know, but I just feel so bad."

"That's why I'm telling you Khushi, you should talk to his family, if you can't, maybe you can talk to Arnav, his brother, tell him about all that had happened between you two, just get it out of you, it's the only way you'll feel better and the only way they'll feel better." Avanti said.

"I don't understand how this is going to help." Khushi said.

"Look, if you don't tell them about this, this thing will keep on haunting you forever, you'll keep on thinking that it happened because of you, but if you tell them the truth that he was the one interested in you and you weren't, they might understand and it will even relieve then burden from you." Avanti explained.

"Do you really think that's a good idea?" Khushi asked nervously.

Avanti nodded positively, Khushi turned to look at Kiara waiting for what she had to say but she looked like she was thinking about something.

"I think Avanti is right, once you tell them everything, it will be over once and for all." Kiara nodded in agreement.

"Okay, if you both say so, I guess I'll talk to Arnav, I can't face his entire family all together." Khushi said.

"Perfect, you can go and meet him in his office after a week or something, for now let them get a bit of time to heal from all this." Avanti smiled at Khushi as she pulled her into a hug.

"Yes next week would be good because I have a couple of job interviews arranged for you this week." Kiara said.

"I miss my old work place, it was such a good place, it always felt like home away from home, I wish the company hadn't shut down." Khushi said sadly.

"Take this as an opportunity to experience work in another place and learn new things, maybe getting out of your comfort zone." Kiara said.

"I hate getting out of my comfort zone." Khushi pouted.

"But when you do, you realize that's it's the best thing you ever did."

"How much life changes in a week, just a week back I was working happily and then the company shut down suddenly, and today the news of Advik, I don't know why I feel there's something more terrible to happen."

"Nothing terrible is going to happen, stop thinking like that." Avanti said.

"Okay fine mom." Khushi giggled.