Part 20

"Did you enjoy dinner?" Advik asked as they walked outside the hotel.

"Yes I did, and now it's late so before you plan on taking me somewhere else, let me tell you I have an early shift tomorrow so I have to wake up early, so can you drop me home."

"Sure, just wait for me here, I'll use the men's room and then we'll leave okay?"

Khushi nodded as Advik rushed back inside the hotel, she stood out there feeling the cold breeze, she looked around the empty streets, they looked beautiful at night with all the street lights.

"Hey there, you want a lift?" A man came up suddenly from nowhere, Khushi looked at him in confusion and nodded negatively.

"Oh come on, if you're standing here all alone surely means you want lift, come I'll take you wherever you want to." He winked at her as he got hold of her hand and started pulling her.

"Leave my hand!" Khushi looked at him angrily but he wouldn't listen, he kept on pulling her while she kept on trying to pull back from his hold.

"I said leave me!" Khushi shouted this time and suddenly the next moment the guy was lying on the floor, she turned and found Advik standing there angrily.

He jumped on the guy and started punching him angrily until Khushi had to stop him.

"Advik, leave him, let's go please, I need to go home." Khushi said.

"I'll take you home once I've dealt with him, what the hell does he think of himself, how dare he touch you?" Advik said as he punched him a few more times until Khushi had to literally get hold of him and pull him away.

"Advik, let's go please." Khushi begged.

"I shouldn't have left you alone out here, it's all my fault." He said as he grabbed her hand and pulled her along to the car, they got inside and he started driving.

"I am so sorry Khushi, I really am." Advik said.

"It's okay, it's not your fault so stop saying sorry and don't let it affect you okay, all that matters is, I am fine, now relax." Khushi smiled at him to which he nodded positively.

*****

"Hey, where are you lost?" Arjun asked as he waved his hand in front of her face.

"Nowhere." Khushi said as she faked a smile and looked at him.

"I don't know the guy but Arnav must be knowing him, do you want me to talk to him and do something about it?" Arjun asked.

"No, please don't ever tell him about it, he doesn't have to know, it doesn't matter anyway." Khushi shrugged as she kept on looking at the road through the window.

"It hurts doesn't it, seeing someone you like with someone else?" Arjun asked.

"I don't like Arnav that way Arjun." Khushi turned to look at him with a smile.

"Well everyone says that at first, but you know since childhood I've always had this special talent of knowing what people feel." Arjun smirked proudly.

"Really, so tell me what am I feeling right now?" Khushi looked at him curiously, he stared at her for a while and then looked ahead on the road.

"By the look you had on your face, I have a feeling you were thinking about something in the past. Has anything like this ever happened to you before?" Arjun asked.

"No." Khushi nodded negatively as she looked away from him, obviously she couldn't tell him that she was thinking about Advik, it would mess everything up.

Arjun pulled over the car outside Khushi's house, she stepped out and leaned on the door looking in through the window.

"Would you like to come in, we can have a cup of coffee." Khushi suggested.

"No, I wouldn't want to disturb."

"You won't I promise, just take it as a way of me thanking you for driving me here." Khushi pouted and just then Arjun's phone rang.

"Okay, I got to take this, I'll join you inside in a moment?"

"Sure, I'll make the coffee." Khushi said as she headed inside while Arjun received the call.

"Yes Arnav." Arjun pinned the phone close to his ear.

"Where are you? I've been looking for you, and is Khushi with you? I can't see her either, I'm worried." Arnav asked.

"Yes she is with me, you don't have to worry." Arjun said.

"Are you both on a date or something?" Arnav asked curiously.

"Wow that sounds like jealousy to me, but if it makes you feel any better, no we aren't on a date, she just wanted to come home so I drove her."

"Why dint she tell me?" Arnav asked.

"I don't know, you can ask her that when you meet her, anyway I need to go she's invited me for coffee, not good to keep her waiting right?" Arjun said.

"Right." Arnav said as he disconnected the call while Arjun headed inside laughing, Arnav was jealous, even the way he was talking showed it, this two were just stupid people trying to avoid what they had started feeling for each other.

*****

"Hey, what are you doing out here?" Meera asked as she got hold of Arnav's arm.

"I was talking to someone on the phone." Arnav replied.

"Anyway can we go inside and sleep? I'm really tired and we have to leave early tomorrow morning." Meera suggested.

"If you are forgetting, we're still on a break Meera, so please go sleep in your room, I'll sleep when I feel like and right now I don't really feel like sleeping so can you just leave me alone?" Arnav looked at her angrily.

"What's wrong with you Arnav, dint you like all this that I planned for you or?"

"It's not about liking it or not, it's about you putting your effort to do things like this for me which I know I'll never be able to do for you in return.
Why don't you understand it Meera, I don't love you, I don't feel that way about you, I never have! Why don't you just break up with me and set the both of us free?"

"So you want me to just give up on you after being together for more than three years now?" Meera looked at him sadly.

"Yes Meera, because you've been doing so much for me and don't you see if I had to fall for you it would have happened, but it still hasn't. Why do you want to spend your life with a man who doesn't love you?" Arnav asked.

"I don't care Arnav, I really don't, you are mine and only mine and I'm not leaving you because I am a hundred percent sure that you aren't going to leave me."

"I am not able to do that because it's what my father wants, it's not what I want! What if I fall in love with someone else tomorrow? How would you feel being with me when I love someone else?" Arnav asked.

"I still wouldn't care because you are mine Arnav, only mine and I'm not letting you go easily, if you have the guts, then you can leave me but don't expect me to do that." Meera walked away.

"This is why I never fell for you, because you aren't the kind of a girl Arnav Singh Raizada would fall in love with, you are selfish and heartless and all you care about is yourself, you claim to love me but you were nowhere to be seen when my brother died, so just so you know, what you feel for me isn't love Meera." Arnav shouted.

"I'm still not leaving you Arnav, if you think telling me that I am bad on my face will make me leave you then you are wrong." She smirked and walked away irritating the hell out of him.

Arnav stamped his feet angrily as he looked away from her, he dint even understand why he was behaving this way, he had never been the impatient kind of a guy or anything but today he was just behaving oddly, he couldn't wait for Meera to leave him, but why did he want her to leave him now?

She had been with him for long, he had never felt this way before, so why was he feeling this way now? What was wrong with him? Everything was becoming so messed up, every passing day came with a new surprise for him.