Part 47

"I said leave!" Arnav almost shouted.

"Relax Arnav, I'm not here to ruin your engagement, I am here to ruin your wedding which I'm so sure won't happen." Meera smirked.

"Then go talk to my parents about it, you all can sit together and conspire against us and you know what? I'm still going to get married to her." Arnav said as he wrapped his arm around Khushi's waist and pulled closer to him while Khushi just stared at him silently.

"That's what I call over confidence. You know I'm not going to be the one to stop this wedding, you will do it on your own." She smirked proudly.

"Now that's what I call over confidence, that will never happen Meera. It's high time you move the hell on." Arnav said.

She looked at him angrily as if he offended her, suddenly she was no more smirking but just clenching her fists tightly and looking at Khushi like she could murder her right away.

"Move the hell on! So easy to say isn't it? I've been stuck with you for years Arnav, trying, hoping that one day you will love me like I do. Why did was I stuck with you if in the end all you had to do was tell me to move on?

Do I look stupid to you? This isn't a movie Arnav, it's real life and in real life people are selfish, I am selfish too, I've stuck with you for so long and you think I'll let you go because of this girl?" She looked at Khushi once again as if she was nothing but a piece of trash.

"It wasn't my fault you were stuck with me, I clearly told you I dint love you, it was your decision to stay and try to make me love you, like you said this isn't a movie, you can't make people love you." Arnav said.

"I see you're talking too much, talk all you can but remember my words. You are mine Arnav, only mine. No one else can have you." She walked away after saying that.

"What's her problem?" Khushi asked.

"She's never been told no. She has been brought up like that, she got everything she's asked for so today she can't handle that I told her no. But don't worry I know her, she won't be able to do anything." Arnav said.

"I am scared Arnav, what if she actually does something?" Khushi looked at him worriedly.

"Khushi trust me, no one will be able to stop us from getting married, I promise you. No matter what happens we will get married okay?" Arnav assured her, so she just nodded positively but she couldn't deny Meera's behavior was weird.

She remembered how Meera always hated her thinking there was something going on between her and Arnav even when there was nothing, and now she was acting like this, her behavior was kind of strange.

She had gone from being the mean girl to someone that sounded like an obsessed lover, and such people could go to any extent to get what they wanted.

"Khushi, stop worrying. Everything is really going to be okay." Arnav assured her, so she hoped that it was actually going to be okay.

"I'm hungry, let's go eat." She suggested.

"Sure, I'm hungry too." Arnav smiled as they both headed to eat along with their friends.

*****

After the engagement was over Arnav and his family left for home, as Khushi also headed to take a rest because from tomorrow onwards they had to start preparing for the wedding.

Although it wasn't going to be big like they had decided, but still it was a wedding and it kind of needed preparations.

"So everything went well." Avanti said as she settled down on the bed after changing.

"Yeah gladly." Khushi sighed.

"For a moment I got scared when Arnav's ex-girlfriend showed up, I thought she was going to create drama." Kiara said.

"It's actually surprising she dint, I also expected drama from her." Avanti added.

"Maybe she had something going on in her mind, the way she was saying that Arnav will be the one to stop this wedding, I can feel like there's something fishy.

She is up to something and I don't know what, I just hope her words don't come true, all I was is to be peacefully married to him and then maybe someday he would forgive me too and our lives would get back to normal." Khushi said.

"Don't worry babe, everything will be good. Even after all that happened between you both, he's still with you right? So I don't think there is anything convincing enough for him to leave you again." Avanti said.

"You are right, but this fear wont go away until we are married." Khushi said.

"I'm also scared for you, it's good that you're actually getting married in a few days, waiting would have meant giving all this people time to plot against you both." Kiara said.

"I know right, it's like the world is conspiring against us." Khushi said sadly.

"Don't worry Khushi, everything is going to be fine." Avanti assured her.

"Yes and now I'm tired so let's all head to sleep." Kiara pouted, everyone nodded in agreement.

*****

Arnav walked out of the bathroom after changing when he heard a knock at the door of his room, he wondered who it could have been because Arjun and Mia always walk in without knocking.

"Come in." He said, the door opened and to his surprise, his mother walked in.

"What are you doing here?" Arnav asked as he sat down on his bed.

"I thought I would talk to you." She sighed.

"If you're here to convince me not to get married to Khushi then just leave because that's not happening." Arnav said.

"I am not here to talk about that Arnav. You were right, you've been loved less and you deserve to be with her if you think she would give you the love you've never had." Kritika said as she sat down beside him while Arnav looked at her in surprise.

"Is this some plan of yours and dad? How are you being nice to me suddenly?" Arnav asked."Your dad is still very much against the wedding Arnav, I was never against it." She said.

"Then why didn't you support it if you weren't against it? What problem do you and dad have with me mom?" Arnav looked at her sadly.

She looked back at him silently for a while without saying anything then held his hand into her and looked him into the eyes.

"I won't lie to you Arnav, I've always loved Advik and Mia a lot, but it hasn't been the same with you. I have my own reasons which I wouldn't want to tell you but just know that I tried, I just couldn't." She said sadly.

"Why couldn't you mom? Was I a terrible son? As far as I remember I've always done what you both wanted me to do, so why am I the one to get this kind of treatment?" Arnav asked.

"No Arnav, you were the best son, you were everything a parent would want their kids to be like, I just can't explain things, please don't force me to. But I realized you were right, you dint deserve that treatment and I felt bad for being that kind of a person to you Arnav.

But I am here now, and know this I will support you in everything you do, I will try to love you the way you've always wanted to be loved." She assured him.

"You don't have to try to love your children mom, it comes on its own." Arnav said.

"Arnav, can you at least appreciate that I'm trying to make things better? It's not easy for me." She said.

"Fine I'll appreciate that you will try to love me like you love Mia, what about dad, will he love me the same way?"

"He has to, don't worry I know what to do and I promise I'll convince him to let this wedding happen okay?" Kritika said.

"Well hopefully." Arnav shrugged.

"You should sleep now, it's been a tiring day. We'll start preparing for your wedding from tomorrow onwards. I'll get going, good night." Kritika smiled at he as she walked out of the room.

Meera had been standing outside there eavesdropping, when Kritika walked out she quickly hid herself so she wouldn't be seen.