Part 28

As the day finally came to an end, Arnav and everyone else headed back to the cottage to get some rest, they had already had their dinner and everyone was sleepy.

Once they arrived at the cottage, the bid each other goodbye and headed to their specific rooms, Kiara and Avanti fell asleep as soon as they got on the bed but Khushi kept on tossing and turning around not being able to sleep.

There were a lot of thoughts going on in her mind, plus after everything that happened between her and Arnav today, she was nervous and scared.

She joined his company so that she could tell him the truth regarding Advik and leave but she spent more time there than she had thought and now things were getting so difficult.

She felt trapped, she dint know if Arnav was going to understand her, she dint know how he was going to react and most of all, she dint know how things between them would be after this.

She closed her eyes and tried to brush off the thoughts so that she could sleep and get some rest.

Flashbacks...

"Where do I go from here Khushi?" He asked as he looked at her sadly, the sadness filled his eyes with moist, this is what she dint want, to hurt him, he had been nothing but good to her and all she was doing was to hurt her.

"Tell me what I lack, what is it that you need so that you can fall in love with me?" Advik asked sadly.

"I should go inside, it's late." Khushi said as she turned around to walk to her house but he got hold of her and pushed her to his car, trapping her between his muscular arms.

"Look at me Khushi, look into my eyes, if you think I'm just a rich playboy trying to trap you or something then look into my eyes and tell me if you don't see love, how else do you want me to prove it to you and that I love you?" He shouted at the top of his voice.

"I believe you Advik! I believe that you love me, I can see it, I can feel it, I just can't... Love you back. I am sorry." Khushi said sadly.

"Why can't you love me back Khushi, what is it that I lack? I've done so much, I've done nothing but treated you right, respected you, loved you and you still can't fall for me, what else do I have to do so that you can fall for me?"

"You don't lack anything Advik, any girl would want to be with you and trust me when I say this, I've tried, I just can't feel that way about you, I just can't love you. I agreed to be just friends with you and I am your friend but don't expect more from me." Khushi said.

"Fine." Advik nodded as he stepped backwards and let her go, she took a few steps away from him then stopped and turned to look at him.

"Advik I..."

"Don't, please don't say anything that will hurt me Khushi. You've done enough, hurt me enough."

"It's not my fault that I can't fall in love with you, stop acting like a kid!" She looked at him angrily.

"Shit, I'm sorry I dint want to be rude." She said, he looked at her for a moment and turned around to get inside his car, she grabbed his arm and turned him around.

"Advik listen."

"What? How many more ways are there for you to rip my heart out?" Advik shouted angrily.

"I am sorry, I am sorry for all of this okay, do you think I want to hurt you on purpose?"

"I can't do this anymore Khushi, I am sorry but everything between us is over, even the friendship." Advik said as he got into his car and drove off.

Flashback Ends.

"Advik!" Khushi shouted and she sat up sweating, she looked at her friends and gladly they dint wake up. She stepped out of the bed and headed out, she wasn't clearly getting any sleep and the memories of Advik were haunting her.

She walked out of the cottage and looked around, maybe taking a walk out here for a while might help her.

"Can't sleep?" She heard a voice and turned around to find Arnav standing at the door.

"Yeah and you?" she asked as she looked away from him.

"I can't sleep too, how about we take a walk." He suggested to which she nodded positively, he walked closer to her and got hold of her hand as they started walking, Khushi's attention was on the way he held her hand.

Everything was so clear in front of her, she had to tell Arnav the truth, if she dint now, she would never be able to.

"Arnav I..."

"Khushi I..." They both spoke together and then looked at each other for a moment before bursting into a laughter.

"What were you saying?" Arnav asked.

"You tell me first." Khushi smiled.

They both stopped at the beach and looked at each other before settling down on the sand, it was a beautiful view with the full moon tonight.

"I was saying, I am glad you agreed to come." Arnav smiled at her as he started playing with the sand.

"Me too." Khushi smiled, not being able to take her eyes off him.

"You know, it's after long I've felt at peace, and relaxed, coming here helped a lot. Since Advik left it has been rough, I haven't been able to sleep at nights, I don't know why he chose to punish us like this." Arnav said sadly.

Khushi looked at him silently not knowing what to do or say, everything was just so messed up as much as she wanted to tell him the truth she was scared it was going to ruin everything.

"Anyway enough of this sad topic, we leave tomorrow at five in the evening, before that will you come with me somewhere?" Arnav asked to which she nodded positively.

"You dint even ask where?" He looked at her with a smile.

"I trust you." Khushi replied to which he smiled, they both sat their silently for a while staring at the moon.

"I think we should head back and get some sleep." Arnav suggested, Khushi nodded and stood up along with him, he got hold of her hand once again.

Every time he held her hand like this it gave her goosebumps and at the same time it scared her, Arnav had to know about Advik eventually, there was no way she could keep it from him forever, the longer she hid it from him the more it was going to hurt him.

"Arnav, there's something really important I want to talk to you about." Khushi said as they both walked back to the cottage hand in hand.

"Can we talk about all the important stuff tomorrow on the flight back to home? I don't want to think about anything else for now, I just want to relax and prepare for tomorrow, it's a big day." He smiled.

"What's important about tomorrow?"

"Oh God! Come on, I just told you I'm taking you somewhere stop acting like you don't know anything." Arnav laughed.

"Arnav, I am serious." Khushi pouted.

"I know Khushi, but I don't want to be serious not right now at least, look here we are, go to sleep, I'll see you tomorrow morning okay?" Arnav smiled at her.

"I can't sleep." She pouted, he looked at her silently for a moment and took a step closer, he leaned towards her and hugged her leaving her surprised, it was so sudden but then it also felt good, it made her feel calm and relaxed.

"I hope now you can sleep." He smiled as he broke the hug.

"I guess I can." She blushed and then turned to walk inside, she grabbed the door handle to open the door and walk inside when something stopped her.

"Surprise!" She heard a voice, she stopped and turned around in shock, Arnav had the same expression and hers as they both looked at Meera standing in front of them smiling bright.

"Meera." Arnav looked at her in shock as she ran towards him and hugged him while Arnav and Khushi both looked at each other without saying a word, everything changed in just a moment.