Part 46

Arnav was in his room, already dressed in his engagement attire, he was just styling his hair while Arjun was seated on his bed staring at two pair of shoes yet deciding which one Arnav should put on.

There was a knock at the door and then the door opened as both his parents walked in, they weren't even dressed yet, but well what else could he expect from them given that they dint want him to get married to Khushi.

"You guys aren't coming for the engagement? It's going to be bad for your image, your son getting engaged and you aren't happy in your son's happiness, people will start disliking you. Come on you should maintain the fake image you created." Arnav looked at them both.

"I always heard people change in love, I always thought it was for good but I can see that girl had taught you how to disrespect your parents too." Kritika said.

"Mom I wouldn't have to talk to you this way if you would have loved me like you loved your other children." Arnav said.

"We love you Arnav, you are just too stubborn to see it." Karan said.

"Oh yeah? Tell me what you did for me out of love?" Arnav folded both his arms and looked at his parents seriously, they both looked at each other having nothing to say.

"You see, you don't even have an answer to that. At times I wonder why you even gave birth to me if all you wanted to do was treat me like this. What did I do to get this punishment mom? I have always been the better son haven't I? Then why me?" Arnav looked at his mother sadly.

"I get it maybe Mia and Advik were you favorites but I dint deserve this kind of treatment, I dint tell you both to give birth to me, why give birth when you can't even love all your children equally?" Arnav asked, his eyes welling up.

"You want to know why Arnav? Because you..." Karan started speaking but Kritika stopped him before he could say anything, she held his hand and gestured something to him.

She then walked towards Arnav and held both his hands and looked him into the eyes."You want to get married to that girl? Fine be it so Arnav, your father and I will go get ready for the engagement." She smiled at him.

"What are you saying Kritika, I won't let him ruin my name and reputation by marrying such a middle class girl." Karan said angrily.

"Don't forget that I am holding your reputation in place Karan, once I open my mouth everything will be doomed so don't tempt me." Kritika looked at her husband angrily, he went silent immediately, she looked back at Arnav smiled at him and then walked away.

Arjun stood up and walked towards Arnav who seemed pretty sad.

"Hey, Arnav.. cheer up, it's your engagement day. I've also decided which shoes would look good, now come on put them on and then we will leave for the engagement." Arjun said, Arnav just nodded as he took the shoes from him and nodded.

*****

"Excited?" Avanti nudged Khushi as she giggled.

"Which girl wouldn't be excited to be finally getting engaged to the guy she loves? I am excited, but scared at the same time, I really have no idea what the future holds for us." Khushi said.

"Whatever it is, it will be good." Kiara assured her, and just then Garima walked towards them, she was dressed in a beautiful purple saree, all set for her daughter's engagement.

"Oh my God, look at my little girl so grown up." Garima said as she looked at Khushi who was dressed in a beautiful mint green gown. Her hair was tied up in a low side bun, she was wearing a thin necklace with matching earrings. Her makeup was bold and on point too, she looked really gorgeous.

"Now it's time to send her off with prince charming." Avanti teased.

"Shut up." Khushi blushed as she kept on looking at the entrance waiting for Arnav to arrive, she couldn't wait to see him.

"Be patient, I'm sure he's on the way." Kiara said to Khushi as she noticed how she was looking at the entrance every now and then, Khushi blushed once again.

A few minutes later, Arnav and his family arrived, a smile curved up on Khushi's face as soon as she saw Arnav walking in, he looked so perfect in his navy three piece suit.

He stopped and looked around as his eyes stopped at Khushi who was standing straight ahead of him, he looked at her and smiled back at her.

"Here's your prince charming princess." Avanti giggled.

"And yours too." Kiara said as she pointed towards Arjun who was standing beside Arnav looking just as hot.

"It's suddenly too hot in here." Avanti said as she pretended to fan herself with her hands, Arjun looked at her and winked.

"Hello, it's my engagement stop flirting with each other." Khushi said to Avanti.

"Oh come on." Avanti rolled her eyes as she walked towards Arnav, she stopped in front of him but looked at Arjun from top to bottom gesturing to him how hot he looked, he gestured back the same thing to her.

"Let me take you to your soon to be fiancé, she's been dying to see you." Avanti giggled as she grabbed Arnav's arm and pulled him along with her taking him where Khushi was.

"Now we'll leave the both of you to have some secret romance." Kiara giggled as she walked away followed by Avanti and Garima.

Arnav and Khushi stood there awkwardly smiling at each other as they looked around at the guests.

"I dint think your parents would come, I'm happy they came." Khushi said.

"They wouldn't want to ruin their reputation, it's not like they suddenly care about me now." Arnav said sadly. Khushi nodded as she tried to look for something else to talk about that could cheer him up.

"You look great by the way, just how I imagined you would be dressed for today." Khushi smiled.

"Thank you, and you look prettier than I imagined, this dress is so beautiful on you, the color suits you too. I can say I'm getting engaged to the most beautiful girl." He smiled back.

"Thank you." Khushi smiled and blushed.

"Look at us talking like we are strangers, as if it was an arranged marriage or something. You know you can be comfortable around me Khushi, I want you to feel just as comfortable as you did before you told me the truth about Advik and you." Arnav said.

"I want the same from you too Arnav, if you can't be comfortable with me, how can I be with you? It comes from both side." Khushi said."I am trying to be." He shrugged.*****Once all the guests had arrived, Garima announced the engagement and then called Arnav and Khushi in the middle, Avanti and Kiara rushed to get them, they both held each of them and pulled them along.Everyone gathered around the couple as they all waited for them to exchange rings.Arnav pulled out the box of ring from his pocket as Garima handed Khushi the ring she was supposed to put on Arnav's finger.Arnav grabbed her hand and smiled at her, he went down on his knee and slid the ring on her finger without any hesitation like he had last time when they were trying to fit the ring.Once he was done, he stood up straight and Khushi slid the ring of his finger too and everyone around them clapped happily while they both couldn't stop looking at each other and smiling."Congrats on becoming half husband half wife." Arjun teased them."Soon to be fully married." Avanti added."Shut up you both." Khushi laughed at them and then looked at Arnav and went silent again."Are you happy Arnav?" She asked."Of course I am happy Khushi, now I know no one can take you away from me, what's better than that." He smiled."Don't be so sure Arnav." Meera said as she walked towards them, while all of them looked at her in surprise. What the hell was she even doing here? No one invited her."Just get lost before I do something terrible." Arnav clenched his fists tightly as he looked at her angrily.