Part 59

The entire Raizada family was in the courtroom, the hearing had begun and everyone hoped for the best, which was for Meera to get punished for the crime she committed.

"Don't worry Arnav, the lawyer said it would end today, I'm sure Advik will get his justice." Karan said.

"Oh so now you care." Arnav shrugged.

"I am just trying to be a better person Arnav." Karan said.

"It's too late Mr. Raizada, you had your entire life to be a better person but every time you chose to be horrible instead." Arnav said.

Karan just looked at him sadly and then looked away, obviously it was difficult for him to get forgiveness from Arnav, especially after all he had done, but hopefully one day Arnav would forgive him.

Meera was brought to the court and she was pretty normal until she saw Arnav and Khushi and then she started behaving strangely suddenly. If she behaved this way in the court too, it was easier to win this case, the judge would clearly see from her behavior that she was capable of anything.

Mr. Raichand kept on trying to give her looks to keep her calm but it seemed her daughter had crossed all the lines of being normal.

"You don't get to sit with Arnav, I should be the one sitting there." She said as she looked at Khushi angrily.

"Miss Meera, if you don't calm down and let the proceedings of the court go on, I might have to sentence you for it too." The judge said.

"Who cares, as if you are going to listen to my side of story" Meera shrugged.

"This is a courtroom, everyone gets to put forward their story, so be calm and patient, your turn will come, you can speak then." The judge said as he looked at the lawyers.

"Your honor, we don't want to waste the time of the court, so I would come straight to the point, Miss Meera murdered Mr. Advik Raizada and made it look like a suicide, we would all have believed so if Mrs. Raizada dint doubt her intentions and confront her, and we have the recording of her confession your honor, if you would please have a look at it, we would get done with this for once and for all." Arnav's lawyer said.

The judge nodded so the lawyer picked up a bag that had some documents in it, a cd and a flash disk, he handed them over.

Your honor, these documents prove that the recording is genuine and wasn't edited anyhow whatsoever." The lawyer said, a few minutes later, the recording that Khushi had made on her phone was played in the court, and everyone heard Meera's confession.

"They made that up, I dint kill Advik!" Meera shouted angrily.

"The proof is against you, the recording has been verified and this is your voice too." The lawyer said.

"It's not difficult to do such things today your honor, Mr. Raizada is very rich who knows if he paid someone to get this done." Meera's lawyer interrupted.

"So is Mr. Raichand, they both come from a rich family, and it was because of Mr. Raichand's false reports that everyone believed that it was a suicide and not a murder. Your honor, I knew such an instance would happen so that is why I got that cd, it's the cctv footage of the Raizada mansion.

I have one without the sound because their cctv doesn't capture voice but I had a second one made, and I merged the recording that Mrs. Khushi Raizada took in her phone with the footage, I think that would be enough to prove this is genuine because we can't really edit a cctv footage can we." The lawyer said.

Both the footages were playing as the judge looked at them keenly and then he also looked at the verifications details and everything really did seem to be against Meera.

"Miss Meera, do you have anything to say about this?" the judge asked.

"They're trying to frame me your honor, because Khushi jealous of me." Meera said.

"Well I can't believe your words only Miss Meera, I need proof which you don't have. It was clear that the postmortem was done by your father so we can't be sure if it was true or not." The judge said.

Meera and Mr. Raichand looked at their lawyer who really had nothing to say, obviously the cctv footage and the recording was something big and there was no way they could prove that it was fake.

"If you don't have anything to say I guess we should end this here then, we have a lot of proof against you." The judge said.

"No, this can't end here, you can't punish me. Khushi should be the one to be punished, she is the one that committed the crime, she took my Arnav from me. If you don't punish her I will kill her too, like I killed Advik!" Meera shouted as she stepped out of the witness box and rushed towards Khushi.

Arnav stood up immediately and blocked her while the police officers rushed to get hold of her.

"Order! Order!" the judge said as Meera was finally held once again and cuffed.

"According to the behavior of Miss Meera, it seems she isn't in a well mental condition and she also accepted her own crime." The judge said as he looked at her seriously.

"My daughter is well your honor, this people are the one that are making her like this." Mr. Raichand said.

"I don't think that is the case Mr. Raichand, your daughter accepted that she killed Advik Raizada and she also attempted to do the same right now here in the court, I think that is enough for me to come to my decision." The judge said.

Mr. Raichand tried to argue but there was nothing he could really prove so he had to sit down hopelessly, once the judge was done writing whatever he was, he looked up.

"it is clear that Miss. Meera committed the murder but it also seems she doesn't have a good mental state so she would first be taken to a hospital and get treatment for her mental state and then she would suffer a lifetime imprisonment for the rest of her life.

As for the Raichand private hospital, I believe Mr. Raichand committed a heinous crime by helping his daughter and making a fake post mortem report so his medical degree should be confiscated and he shouldn't be allowed to carry on with any further medical activities and the Raichand hospital should be shut down until further notice." The judge said out his decision.

Arnav looked at Khushi happily and hugged her out of joy, Meera with her stupid behavior made it easier for them to win the case, it was clear that her mental state wasn't normal no wonder she couldn't stop herself from accepting her crime in the court itself but well it worked in their favor.They all thanked the lawyer and then headed outside the court, finally Advik got his justice.

*****

"Now we can go on our honeymoon peacefully." Arnav smirked at Khushi who blushed in return.They both heard the sound of someone crying so they turned around and saw Mia behind them who was wiping off her tears.

"Mia, what happened?" Arnav rushed to her.

"If it weren't of Meera being so crazy, I wouldn't have lost Advik, it's just so heartbreaking." Mia said sadly.

"We get it Mia, everyone is hurt but at least now we know that she has been punished for what she did to Advik." Khushi said.

"She is right Mia, Advik will always be with us in our memories, now stop crying okay." Arnav smiled at her as he held her into his arms and hugged her tightly.

"Arnav." Karan called him out as him and Kritika walked out of the court after finished their conversation with the lawyer.

Arnav rolled his eyes and he turned around to walk away but Kritika rushed to him and grabbed his hand.

"Please listen to him once Arnav, all he wants is forgiveness from you." Kritika said.

"Why mom? Why should I forgive him? for him I was always a mistake that he committed and he punished me for his mistakes, I am done trying to make him love me, I have given up now." Arnav said.

"Look, if I can forgive him for what he did to me, you should try to forgive him too. I know he's made mistakes Arnav and I know it's not easy for you, but look this is the chance you were looking for, to get love from your father, right now he is willing to be your father, I really think you should give him once chance at least.

I'm not saying you forgive him right now, but let him try at least, don't just ignore him like that, please." Kritika looked at him, Arnav stared at her silently making up a decision in his mind.

"Fine, I will only for you because you forgave him and treated me as your son when I would have been reminding you of his betrayal every now and then, you still were never bitter to me, so I would try it for you mom." Arnav said.

"Thank you Arnav." Karan smiled at him, Arnav just nodded as they all headed to the parking lot, got inside the car and drove home.

Once they arrived, everyone headed inside the mansion while Arnav and Khushi stayed out.

"So I think we should pack, we leave tomorrow for our honeymoon." Arnav smiled at her.

"Aren't you too excited for this honeymoon?" Khushi giggled.

"I am, now that everything is okay and back to normal, I need some alone time with my wife and make some love to her." He smirked making her blush.