Part 12

When Khushi arrived at the office on Monday morning, she found the lights in Arnav's cabin on, which meant that Arnav had already arrived.

She rushed to her cabin quickly and left her bag there as she headed to the kitchen to make Arnav's usual coffee, once it was ready she headed straight to the cabin.

She opened the door and walked in with the cup of coffee but instead of Arnav, she found Meera there.

"Where is Arnav sir?" Khushi asked.

"I am here waiting for him, why do you care where he is anyway." Meera stood up and looked at her angrily.

"I thought he had arrived so I got him his coffee, anyway I'll just take it back." Khushi turned around to leave but Meera got hold of her and pulled her back, she spilled all the coffee on her hand as the cup fell down and broke into pieces.

"What the hell, it was hot coffee you fool." Khushi said as she quickly picked up a soviet and wiped the coffee of her hands.

"How dare you call me a fool, you have no idea who you are talking to, I could get Arnav to fire you right now." Meera said angrily.

"Honestly I don't care, I can't tolerate people like you anyway." Khushi replied angrily.

"Why are you talking like that?" Meera pouted.

"Because people like you deserve to be talked to like that." Khushi said angrily.

"Look how this assistant of yours is talking to me Arnav." Meera said as she looked towards the door, Khushi turned around and saw Arnav standing there.

"Sir, I dint... she..."

"Enough Khushi, you have no right to talk to her in such a rude manner." Arnav said as he walked inside.

"This girl has no respect for anyone, you should fire her right away." Meera acted like an innocent baby.

"There's no need, I'll quit anyway rather than working around people like you." Khushi said angrily.

"No one is getting fired neither are you quitting the job Khushi, just don't be rude to her next time and if you don't like her, stay away from her." Arnav said.

"Fine." Khushi said as she looked at Meera angrily and then walked out of the cabin fuming with anger, this woman was pretty cunning.

She pretended to be all good and innocent in front of Arnav and made her look like the bad person when she was the one who actually started it all.

Khushi sat in her cabin angrily, she felt like punching this stupid Meera on her face angrily.

*****"What are you doing here anyway, I thought I told you I needed a break." Arnav asked Meera as he settled down on his chair.

"Yes I came here for professional reasons, I had to talk to you regarding my contract with the company, it's expiring next month so you would have to renew it." Meera said.

"I don't think there would be any need for that now." Arnav said.

"Why not? I've been modelling with this company for the past five years Arnav, are you kicking me out? Why? Is it because of that Khushi? I'm sure you must have thought of taking her as the model right?" Meera asked angrily.

"Why do you bring her in between everything? Like I told you she is my assistant so she will do the work an assistant does, she isn't going to be our model.

I have my own reasons for taking this decision and no it doesn't involve Khushi, I don't know what problem you have with her that you keep on dragging her in between everything."

"Then what is the reason behind you doing this?" Meera asked.

"Until now you worked with our company as a model only Meera, but now you are my girlfriend and I am sorry to say but I can't work with my girlfriend, I need things to be very professional here. People might think you are taking an advantage of being my girlfriend and all that so I don't want that, not for me not for you that's why the contract won't be renewed and the company would hire a new model. Arnav explained.

"So you are replacing me." Meera said pretending to look really sad.

"Meera you know this is professional, I can't mix personal and professional life."

"I really liked working here, what do I have to do to stay? I promise I'll do anything I can."

"The only rule is, you can work with us if you aren't involved with me, if you need to keep modelling with us, you'll have to end our relationship, the choice is yours." Arnav said.

"I see where this is going now, you know you can't break up with me so you are doing such things so that I can break up with you right, just so you know Arnav, that is never going to happen. I can leave modelling but I can't leave you." Meera said.

"Great, then we'll hire someone new, are you done now because I have a meeting in like five minutes and I need to get this cleaned." Arnav said as he pointed at the broken coffee cup on the floor.

"Fine, I'll leave." Meera said as she stood up and headed towards the door.

"Just so you know, I dint do this so that you can break up with me, that wasn't my motive, I was just doing what I thought was right for the company."

"All the best finding a better model than me Arnav." Meera shrugged as she walked away.

*****Khushi was in the cabin busy going through the files he couldn't find the list she had been using the other day at the shoot, she needed it so that she could type it and put it in her computer just in case it was needed in future.

She kept on going through the files one by one until she opened one of them and Advik's passport size photograph fell down.

She picked it up and looked at it, remembering why she was here actually, she was here to tell Arnav about her and Advik, and she wondered if she was ever going to be able to.

"You've got me really trapped Advik." Khushi said as she sat down on the chair staring at the photograph.

*****"Is that my photo you are looking at with so much of love?" Advik smirked as she walked into Khushi's room who was seated on her bed with a photograph in her hand.

"Why do you always come out of nowhere, it's creepy." Khushi made faces at him.

"Say, I love surprising you." he winked at her.

"You'll never stop flirting will you? I told you it isn't going to work Advik."

"I can't stop trying, who knows one day my magic would finally work on you and you'll fall crazily and madly in love with me?"

"Overconfidence is injurious to health."

"Yeah right, on a serious note, what was the photograph about?" Advik asked as he walked closer to her and sat on the bed beside her.

"They were my childhood photographs, I was just cleaning my room today and I found them in a drawers so I was just looking at them remembering my childhood days." Khushi smiled.

"Can I see them?"

"Sure." She nodded as she picked up all the photographs that were scattered along the bed and handed them to Advik who looked at them all one by one, and all this time while he had been looking at the photographs, he had a huge smile plastered on his face.

"You were a really cute baby then, no wonder you are so gorgeous now." Advik smiled at her.

"Thank you for the compliment." Khushi smiled back and just then Advik got hold of her hand, he looked her into the eyes seriously.

"I don't know what you think of me Khushi, I don't even know why you don't feel anything about me, but I want you to know that I am really serious about you, please don't mistake me as someone who's trying to pass time or anything with you, I really like you, and I think as I am getting to know you better, I am starting to fall in love with you."

"No." Khushi said as she stood up and turned away from him.