Part 8

Next morning, Khushi arrived early at the office like Arnav had asked her to, she settled down in her cabin and got a notepad and pen ready to note down the minutes.

She kept on going in Arnav's office every few minutes to check if he had arrived or not, but every time she found the office empty.

She headed to the kitchen and made herself some coffee, she had to wake up earlier than usual so she could be here at the time Arnav had asked her to be and now she was feeling sleepy, so she hoped some caffeine was going to help.

She walked back into Arnav's office once again but he hadn't arrived yet, so she headed back to her cabin and settled down as she drank her coffee while waiting for Arnav.

It had been over an hour since she arrived at the office yet there was no sign of Arnav, for a moment she wondered if he was okay or not.

All her workmates had started arriving too and now she was feeling irritated, why did he call her here early if he himself wasn't going to show up?

She headed downstairs to check, she even asked the receptionist if Arnav had arrived but he still hadn't.

She went back to her office, switched on her laptop and started doing some work, with every passing minute her anger kept on rising, she wasted her precious sleep to be here on time and Arnav just dint turn up, it was ridiculous.

A few more hours passed by and by this time, Khushi's anger was at its peak, leave alone arriving at the time he mentioned, he dint even arrive at the regular hours, what the hell was wrong with him?

She heard some footsteps as she quickly rushed outside her cabin and that's when she saw Arnav entering his cabin.

She followed him inside, he settled down on his chair and looked at Khushi.

"Do you need something?" Arnav asked as he looked at her.

"Yes, I think I need answers." Khushi folded her arms and looked at him seriously.

"What answers?"

"As far as I remember sir, you had called me last night and told me to arrive at work an hour earlier because you had a really important meeting, I have been here since seven o'clock in the morning and its eleven o'clock right now." Khushi said angrily.

"Oh I am sorry, the meeting got cancelled, I might have forgotten to inform you." Arnav said casually making Khushi angrier.

"Really? You forgot to inform me! And here I've been waiting like crazy since morning."

"Why do you look so angry about it, relax, this keeps on happening, plus I am your boss you have to do as I say." Arnav said.

"You are my boss and my working hours are from eight to four, any other time before that is my personal time and only because you asked me to, I sacrificed that personal time of mine and came here and you dint even care to inform me that the meeting was cancelled.

I work professionally sir, and I am sorry but I can't tolerate such a behavior, next time please inform me if a meeting gets cancelled." Khushi shrugged as she turned around and headed towards the door.

"So much of attitude huh, you are a complete different Khushi today." Arnav said.

"Well this is me, if you don't like the way I work you can fire me, but you can't deny I work well, it's until time you notice that." Khushi gave him a fake smile and walked away.

Until yesterday, they both were getting along so well and now suddenly they were fighting like cats and dogs.

Khushi headed to the kitchen to make Arnav's coffee, after she was done, she headed to his cabin with the cup where she found him accompanied by Meera.

She placed the coffee on the table and turned around to walk away when Arnav stopped her."Khushi wait."

She stopped and turned back to look at him, this time Meera was also staring at her, the look she had on her face said quite much, it was for sure she dint like her.

"Tomorrow you don't have to come to the office." Arnav said.

"Oh, so you're firing me now just because I said what was true, and maybe I know who is going to replace me? Your dearest girlfriend isn't it." Khushi looked at Meera, no wonder she was here, it was just her second day at work and she was already getting fired.

"Will you listen to me first? You aren't getting fired, I guess I have to remind you that you work in a company that designs clothes, and so we have our new designs which we need to advertise and for that we need a photoshoot."

"Oh okay." Khushi calmed down.

"So there's a photoshoot tomorrow, I'll tell the receptionist to give you the address, you have to go there direct because I'll also be working there and Meera is our model, she isn't here to replace you."

"Okay sir, I'll be there." Khushi said as she quickly turned around and left his cabin, she dint know what was wrong with her today, she was just over reacting on everything.

Maybe it was because she dint have enough sleep, she was the kind of a person who got really irritated if she dint get enough sleep and that's why she was like this today.

*****"What plans do you have after the shoot tomorrow?" Meera asked.

"Nothing but that doesn't mean I am going anywhere with you, we are still on a break, this meeting right now is strictly professional and the one tomorrow will be the same too." Arnav said.

"What do you need a break for anyway, that too why from me?" Meera asked angrily.

"I need a break to heal, to be on my own for a while, is that too much to ask for?"

"I can help you heal Arnav if you don't push me away like this. At times I wonder if you even love me or you are in this relationship just for the sake." Meera stood up.

"You know why exactly we have this relationship Meera, I made everything clear since the beginning so please don't expect more from me."

"It looks to me like you have developed a new interest in someone else that's why you need a break from me."

"Are you out of your mind Meera, I know no other girls, I am always at work or at home, whenever I go out it's with Mia, so the only girls I really know are you and Mia, who can I develop an interest on?" Arnav asked as he looked at her in disbelief.

"Maybe your new assistant."

"What? Are you crazy?" Arnav stood up angrily.

"Well you can't deny that she is gorgeous, I'm sure you must have noticed that."

"No I haven't, for me she is just an employee stop making up stories that don't exist in your head for heaven sake and being insecure for no reason, you know I am bound to you, I can't leave you even if I want to so I can't even think of developing any sort of interest in anyone because it would only hurt me."

"You are bound to me, that's the only thing keeping us together because honestly speaking Arnav, there is no love in this relationship, maybe it's there from my side but from your side, it has never been there and I wonder if it will ever be."

"Stop thinking about all that, it doesn't matter, it won't change anything."

"Fine I won't, do whatever you wish to, after the shoot tomorrow I won't show you my face until you call me yourself and tell me that you want to meet me." She stamped her feel angrily on the floor and then walked away.