Part 19

"It was good knowing you outside of work, you sound like a person I could be friends with."

Arnav said to Khushi as they headed back to the mansion, they had spent a lot of time walking around and talking and getting to know each other better.

"Really?" Khushi asked.

"Yes." Arnav nodded as Khushi kept on staring at him wondering if she could tell him the truth about Advik at the moment, he looked like he was in a good mood and now he even knew her, maybe he would understand that whatever happened, it wasn't her fault.

"There's something I need to tell you." Khushi said as she looked at him nervously.

"Yes Khushi I know you find me hot as hell, you don't have to say it again." He smirked at her.Khushi looked at the floor giggling and blushing at the same time, seriously who was this guy and why was he making her blush so much?

"It's something else."

"Okay, jokes apart, tell me what is it?" Arnav turned to look at her seriously, Khushi started speaking but before she could say anything, Meera came from nowhere.

"Arnav! I've been looking for you since ages, come we have to get ready for your birthday party." Meera said.

"It's your birthday?" Khushi looked at him in surprise, he nodded before Meera grabbed his hand and pulled him away from her, obviously after looking at her like she wanted to murder her.

Khushi shrugged as she looked around, all her workmates were already dressed and ready and here she was looking like a clown in her official clothes.

"Don't you want to get ready?" Arjun asked as he walked towards her.

"Well I dint know there was going to be a party so I dint come with anything else to wear." She smiled.

"Glad you have me as your friend now, because I can help you, I'm sure we'll find something with the dresses that were brought here for the shoot, they were like two or three cartons and Meera wore like five dresses for the shoot only, come we'll get one." Arjun held her hand and pulled her along, she couldn't even refuse.

*****

Arjun left Khushi in one of the room with a cute baby pink dress they found with the other dresses, it was plain but strapless and it made her look like a doll, with her hair tied up in a bun.

Once she was ready, she headed out looking for Arjun but she couldn't find him, everyone around was busy talking to someone and she was new so she hadn't really made friends at work, she stood in a corner when Kabir approached her.

"Hey there gorgeous." He winked at her as she stood beside her, Khushi was already feeling uncomfortable around him.

"Hey." She replied without looking at him.

"Do you have a boyfriend? If not, I would surely like to apply for the position." He smirked.

"Well I don't have a boyfriend and neither am I interested in you so just take the hint when I'm trying to ignore you." Khushi looked at him angrily.

The conversation was interrupted by Arnav who walked towards Khushi looking at her in awe, she looked really gorgeous in the baby pink dress she had worn.

"I was just telling Khushi how gorgeous she looked in that dress, doesn't she?" Kabir asked as he looked at Arnav who was still staring at Khushi in awe.

"Anyway I've got something to do, see you later." Kabir walked away and headed towards Meera while Arnav and Khushi stood there face to face.

"I don't remember the last time I complimented a girl on her looks but you make it difficult not to, you really do look beautiful." Arnav smiled at her.

"Thanks." Khushi blushed and just then Meera jumped in again, literally, this girl was so insecure.

"Arnav, come let's dance." She pulled him away leaving Khushi alone, Khushi looked around and as everyone was busy dancing in couples, she dint want to stand here awkwardly so she headed outside the mansion.

Kabir on the other hand gestured something to Meera and then followed Khushi outside.

"I think your assistant is alone, you should ask her for a dance." Meera suggested to Arnav.

"Are you sure, I mean you dint like her and you are..."

"Yeah I know, but she seems like a good person, I saw her heading out, you should go and ask." Meera said to which Arnav nodded positively and left.

Khushi was standing outside looking at the few stars that had started showing up in the sky, she suddenly felt someone's hand and her waist and then next moment the person turned her around and she came face to face with Kabir.

"What the hell!" she shouted at him angrily.

He put his finger on her lips shutting her up while Khushi looked at him in confusion, what was this guy up to?

He grabbed her face and pulled her closer, maybe trying to kiss her but Khushi couldn't really figure anything out, it all happened so fast.

Arnav stopped at the door when his eyes fell on Khushi and Kabir, he was left surprised at what he saw, he turned around immediately and headed inside angrily feeling an emotion he had never felt before, he felt angry, like something inside him was burning.

"What the hell are you trying to do? Dint I tell you I'm not interested in you?" Khushi said as she tried to push Kabir away.

"Oh come on stop acting like this, give me a kiss." Kabir said as he pulled her back and tried to kiss her forcefully.

Khushi kicked him in between the legs angrily and ran direct inside to the mansion, this guy was insane, she had to tell Arnav to do something about it.

She spotted Arnav standing with Arjun and as soon as he saw her, he completely ignored her and walked towards Meera, he got hold of her hand and pulled her aside.

He looked at her lovingly, tucking her hair behind her ears, he cupped her face and pulled her closer leaning towards her to kiss her.

Khushi turned away and headed back outside, she dint even understand why she had rushed inside to tell Arnav about it, not that he was her boyfriend that it could matter to him.

She felt so angry and so hurt, how could that stupid Kabir force her for a kiss? Was he insane or what? She wouldn't just stop crying, until today she had met many guys showing interest in her and approaching her but none of them had ever behaved this way with her.

"What are you doing out here?" Arjun asked as he walked towards Khushi who quickly wiped away her tears but Arjun had already noticed them.

"You're crying! What happened Khushi? Did someone do something?" Arjun asked her worriedly.

"Can you do me a favor Arjun, can you please take me home? I have no idea how long this party is going to last or when we'll all leave, I don't have a car otherwise I could have left alone." Khushi said.

"What happened Khushi, why do you want to go home?"

"That Kabir, I don't know what's with him, since morning her had been trying to flirt with him, I even told him I wasn't interested but he tried to kiss me forcefully, I kicked him and ran to tell Arnav but he was busy making out with Meera." Khushi said as tears continuously rolled down her eyes.

"So are you crying because Kabir tried to kiss you or because you saw Arnav getting cozy with Meera?" Arjun asked.

"Are you taking me home or not?" Khushi asked him ignoring the question he had just asked.

"I will, but before that, Kabir needs to learn a lesson." Arjun turned around angrily, he was about to go to look for him but Khushi got hold of his hand and pulled him back.

"I really don't want to create a scene, I'm sure I kicked him really hard, he must be crying in a corner or something, so just take me home please."

"Okay, calm down and first of all stop crying, I'll take you home." Arjun smiled at her as he wiped her tears with his thumb and took her to his car.