Part 18

"Hello there." Arjun said as he stopped next to Khushi and smiled at her.

"Hello." Khushi smiled back at him.

"I'm Arjun, Arnav's best friend, and you must be Khushi, his new assistant." Arjun smiled at her.

"Yeah, so how long have you both known each other?"

"Since we were kids, we went to same school and all and we've been friends ever since, and now that it's his birthday today, I thought I'd surprise him, otherwise he keeps himself busy with work so much that he doesn't have time for anything else." Arjun said as he looked towards Arnav while Khushi did the same too.

Arnav was talking to the photographer, maybe telling him what kind of shots he wanted or something, and just then Meera came, she looked pretty gorgeous, she was dressed in one of the company's designed dresses.

The photographer explained something to her and then they began the shoot.

"Yeah, you are right, he's always working." Khushi said.

"So Khushi, can we be friends? Before you say no, I promise to tell you each and every secret I know about Arnav." Arjun offered.

"Why did you think I would say no? Plus why would you tell me anything about Arnav."

"Well you know Arnav's charm is something else, I've grown up with him, wherever he goes, girls can't just stop staring so I thought maybe you'd need some information to do something." Arjun giggled.

"Thanks but no, I am his assistant and I guess that's my place to be, he is Arnav Singh Raizada, the richest man and I am Khushi who is just an assistant."

"Love doesn't see class."

"Well there's no love here and there would never be, but to answer your question, yes we can be friends if you stop trying to create love where it's not." She smiled at him and then walked away leaving Arjun in awe.

This girl really was something, no wonder Arnav liked her, even though he dint say it, Arjun could always notice things Arnav dint even know himself.

******After spending the morning hours in the photoshoot, everyone was so tired, they all were lying around in the garden and some in the mansion.

Meera too headed to change her clothes while Arnav and Arjun settled down in one place talking to each other.

Khushi finished all her work then took a walk around the huge garden area, it was beautiful and it also felt peaceful here.

"Did you do what I asked you to?" Meera asked Kabir.

"I tried but she had issues, she wouldn't even talk to me, I think it's going to be difficult." Kabir said to Meera.

"What did you get paid for then? If you don't do as we planned, you'll have to return back all the money I paid to you, now go and start doing your freaking job!" Meera shouted at him angrily.

"Fine calm down, I have a perfect plan in my mind, I'll execute it when the time is right." Kabir said as he walked away from Meera's room.

Meera changed quickly and rushed downstairs where Arnav and Arjun were seated, she settled down beside them both.

"So how did you like my surprise?" She asked Arnav with a smile.

"It was good." Arnav smiled back at her.

"There's still a lot I have planned for you, just wait and watch... anyway Arjun, I needed your help with something, would you mind coming along?"

"Sure." Arjun stood up and followed Meera while Arnav who was left alone, headed outside the mansion.

He spotted Khushi standing in a corner admiring the scenery in front of her, so he walked towards her and stopped beside her.

"Would you like to take a walk, we can go deeper inside, this place is huge, like a forest." Arnav smiled.

"Sure, I would love to." Khushi said excitedly, they both started walking, they were silent for a while, maybe whatever Arjun had said to them was still in their mind and it was making them awkward.

"Oh my God, this is such a rare flower." Khushi said as she plucked a flower and looked at it excitedly, she tucked it in her hair and took a step forward when it fell down.

"Looks like it doesn't want to stay in my hair." Khushi giggled, Arnav smiled at her as he bent down and picked it up.

"I'll help" he walked towards her, he pulled out one of her hair pins and then placed the flower and pinned it near her ear.

She turned to look at him excitedly and he couldn't stop staring at her, she looked beautiful. Arjun was right when he said she was gorgeous, because she really was, maybe it was the first time he was noticing how beautiful she looked.

Until today he dint really notice her, she was just his assistant, but now that Arjun was here, he was just feeding things in his mind and making him notice things he hadn't noticed before.

"Do you have a boyfriend?" Arnav asked as he looked away from her.

"No, why do you ask?" Khushi giggled, she hadn't ever thought that Arnav could ask her such kind of a question too.

"Just... You are good looking, you are independent and you come across as a good person to me, so I thought that you are so perfect I'm sure so many guys would have wanted to be with you."

Khushi smiled at him, whatever he said right now ended up remind her of Advik, she remembered he had asked her the same question once.

"It's okay if you don't want to answer, I was just trying to make this be a bit less professional." Arnav said noticing her silence.

"No it's not that, I was just thinking something, and to answer your question, no, I've never had a boyfriend." Khushi smiled.

"Why so?"

"I don't know maybe the men I met weren't the ones that could make me fall in love, I'm a true love kind of a person, I don't like the casual dating things, so I want to be with someone I would be in love with, so let's say I'm just unlucky not to have experience love yet."

"I see."

"So, you tell me, you're in love with Meera, how does being in love feel like? I've always wanted to know what it feels like." Khushi giggled excitedly.

"I don't know what being in love feels like Khushi." Arnav looked away from her as he continued walking, but he left Khushi with so many unanswered questions.

He stopped walking when he realized that Khushi wasn't walking along with him, he stopped and turned around to look for her, she was standing right where he left her.

"What happened? You don't like my company?" He asked.

"I love your company... shit, sorry it's not... I mean..."

"It's okay, I get it, so why are you standing there instead of walking?"

"I'm just trying to figure you out, you are some kind of a mysterious person, I mean when someone looks at you from afar, you are the rich perfect hot as hell guy whose life is perfect, but when you look from close, your life is everything but perfect." Khushi explained.

Arnav looked at her with a huge smile on his face and he wouldn't just stop smiling.

"Why are you smiling?" She asked.

"You find me 'hot as hell'" he said quoting the words with his fingers, Khushi looked at the floor immediately trying to hide the blush on the face, she had just told him on his face that she found him hot, that was something.

"Anyway about what you said, no one has ever understood me as much as you have, even though you know me for a few weeks only, I mean of course apart from the three people who always knew everything about me, Arjun, Mia and Advik." Arnav said as a sudden sadness showed up on his face when he mentioned Advik's name.