Part 38

Khushi walked out of her room angrily, Avanti and Kiara were settled in the hall busy looking at their phones.

"Who texted Arnav from my phone?" Khushi asked as she looked at both the girls.

"Well you were too egoistic to do so, so I thought why not give it a try myself." Kiara said.

"Seriously Kiara? It's not my ego, I am just trying to give him time to think things and anyway he didn't even reply to the text it clearly means he's still angry and maybe he's never going to forgive me for it."

"You're giving him time to think? Says the girl who gave him a time limit." Kiara laughed sarcastically.

I get it okay, I did something wrong and I did apologize for it too, I realized I shouldn't have given him a time limit and that's why I decided I am not leaving, I'll stay here and apologize to him once he's ready to talk to me.

But all I will apologize for is keeping the truth from him and giving him this time limit, not for what happened to Advik, but even after it all, if he's not ready to forgive me for it I can't force him, so please stop telling me it's my ego because it's not.

I love him so much I wouldn't let any ego come between us but I am also done giving explanations about Advik, I am tired of being blamed about his death and please try to understand that at times a person gets frustrated and right now I am just frustrated." Khushi explained.

"We do get you Khushi, if there's anyone who understands you at the moment is us but you also have to understand that he is hurt, his trust is broken and it's all because of you." Avanti said.

"I know, but what do I do now? I know I messed up and I wish I could have changed things, you also know I dint keep the truth from him on purpose I was just scared." Khushi said as she sat down sadly.

"Time will make everything okay don't worry, anyway I forgot I need to go for some shopping, there's nothing in this house, we seriously need to do some grocery shopping." Avanti said.

"I'm lazy to go." Kiara pouted.

"Khushi, are you willing to come with me for shopping or you're lazy too?" Avanti asked as she looked at her.

"I don't feel like getting out of this house, can you do it alone this time? Next time Kiara and I will do it promise" Khushi pouted.

"Okay fine, I'll go alone." Avanti said.

*****

She had almost five shopping bags that she struggled carrying till the parking lot where she had her car parked.

As she descended the staircase one of the bags fell down, gladly it wasn't the one with vegetables but just coffee and tea packets and some snacks.

She bent down to pick them up feeling tired, this bags were giving her a headache, she wished either Khushi or Kiara could have accompanied her for shopping.

While she was picking up stuff, someone bent down to help her, she looked up to him and was left surprised to see Arjun here.

She never thought they were going to see each other after what happened last time, he put everything in the bag and handed it back to her without saying a thing.

She struggled with the bags once again when suddenly he took three bags from her, she looked at him in surprise but dint say anything.

"Where's your car?" He asked.

"In the basement parking." Avanti replied, he just nodded as he started walking while she followed him silently as all the memories of the time they spent together flashed in her mind.

Once they reached at the parking, he placed the bags beside Avanti's car and turned to walk away.

"Arjun, are we just going to act like we don't know each other?" She asked, he stopped and turned to look at her sadly.

"I don't know how to act with you anymore Avanti." He said.

"Does it mean all that happened between us doesn't matter to you anymore? Or maybe you were just passing your time with me that's why you don't care." Avanti said.

"I wish it was like that then I wouldn't feel this way." He shrugged.

"I don't get it Arjun, why are you even this angry on me?"

He looked at her silently for a while and then walked closer to her, standing face to face with her, he looked her into the eyes.

"You know before I met you, I had always had a crush on Arnav's sister but well she was never interested in me. But then just recently she told me that she was, and I was supposed to be happy wasn't I? But you know what, I wasn't happy, because just in the few days we spent together, you became really important to me Avanti, important that her too.

Do you get this? This is why I am angry at you, this is why I feel hurt that you also kept the truth from me like Khushi kept it from Arnav, it's because I love you and you did this to me, so it hurts to know that the person you love can do something like this to you." He said, Avanti looked at him in shock with her eyes wide open.

"You... you love me?" She asked in disbelief.

"Yes Avanti, I love you, I dint have a name for this feeling until now but after this, I do have, I wouldn't feel this hurt and betrayed if I dint love you." He answered.

"Arjun, I get it you are hurt and I get it I dint tell you the truth but don't you think you're blaming me for no reason at all? All I knew about you was that you were Arnav's best friend. How would I know you were close to Advik too when you never told me? And how would I have known that the truth was important to you too?

Plus I told you before, the truth wasn't mine to tell, it was Khushi's. You can't just blame me for things like that and leave me and then tell me you love me but I hurt you and all, it doesn't make sense, tell me what was my fault in all this? Why are you punishing me?" she asked with tears in her eyes.

He seemed to think for a moment while he kept on staring at her silently, he then took another step forward and grabbed her hand, pulled her closer and hugged her tight.

"I am sorry, you are right, maybe I am just over reacting." He said as he hugged her tighter.

*****Kiara was sleeping in her room and Khushi was seated in the hall silently staring at the walls, she dint even know what to do.

She was dying to see Arnav, meet him, talk to him but she could do nothing than give him time, was he ever going to forgive her?

She picked up her phone and stared at it for what seemed like forever, and then checked the contact list. She scrolled down to Arnav's name and pressed he call button.

She stuck the phone close to her ears with her eyes shut hoping he would pick up even though she was quite sure he wouldn't.

He hadn't even texted back, why would he receive her call?

The phone kept on ringing and ringing until it got disconnected and she was left disappointed, maybe he was never going to call her or text back.

Maybe he was never going to forgive her, maybe this was the end of everything between them, but still she couldn't stop hoping for things to change.

It was the first time she had fallen in love and she dint want it to end this way, not when they both loved each other so much.

She placed her phone aside not knowing what to do anymore, she was feeling restless, she knew she wouldn't feel any better without talking to him and he dint want to talk to her so maybe she had to suffer, she deserved it anyway after what she did to him.

The doorbell rang bringing her out of the thoughts, Knowing Avanti was back from shopping she headed to open the doors but it wasn't Avanti that was standing at the door.

"Arnav." She whispered his name as tears rolled down her eyes, it all felt like a dream, she couldn't even believe that he was here standing in front of her, maybe she was actually dreaming.

She pinched herself just to be sure it was real and it was, she looked at him hopefully waiting for him to speak and say something, anything, she just wanted to listen to him.