Part 52

After Shopping, Arnav and Khushi arrived home, Khushi headed upstairs with the shopping bags while Arnav stayed in the hall with Arjun and Mia.

She passed through Advik's room and couldn't stop noticing how much it needed to be cleaned, but she also remembered Mia telling her that Arnav would allow any of the servants inside the room, maybe she could clean it up, but before doing it, she needed to ask him otherwise he might get angry for no reason.

Once she was done, she headed downstairs where Arnav was explaining to Mia and Arjun the reason behind his anger earlier today, he explained about everything that Meera told her on the wedding day and how he found out what his parents had been hiding from him.

Khushi walked towards him and sat down beside him and just then they all heard the sound of heels, they turned to look at the door and saw Meera walk in, she stopped as the four of them stood up and looked at her, she looked shocked.

"You got married!" She exclaimed.

"You thought I wouldn't? Of course." Arnav replied.

"She lied to you Arnav! Even after I told you everything that day, you still decided to get married to her? I mean how stupid can you be?" She asked looking like she was about to murder Khushi.

"Uh, let me see, I got married to her because I love her? That's what people do, get married to people they love, but how would you know that Meera." Arnav said.

"Are you questioning my feelings for you Arnav? No one can feel for you what I feel, how could you just get married to this girl, she doesn't deserve you, I deserve you. Look at me Arnav, I love you, I've never lied to you, I've always done things for you, there's still time, you can get rid of her, please."

"Are you out of your senses Meera? We broke up, I am married to Khushi now, she is my wife, so let me be in peace now."

"If I can't have you Arnav, no one can. Not even this middle class good for nothing girl." She said as she looked at Khushi like she was a piece of shit and then suddenly walked towards her and grabbed her neck, Arjun and Arnav intervened pushing her off.

Arnav called the security immediately and threw Meera out of the house and warned them never to let her in once again.

"Wow, she got all scary all over a sudden." Mia said.

"Yeah man, she seemed all obsessed about you." Arjun added.

"She's always been like that, once she realizes things, she'll stay away on her own." Arnav sighed as he sat down once again and looked at Khushi.

"Do you want to pack now or we'll do it at night?" He asked.

"At night is fine, right now I was thinking maybe I can clean Advik's room if you don't mind, it's really dusty, and it's kind of giving me OCD." She giggled.

"Okay, just make sure not to break a thing, and if you pick something return it where it was and no servant are allowed in there so if you want to clean it you have to do it by yourself." Arnav said.

"Okay boss." She giggled as she headed back upstairs.

"So you're already leaving for you honeymoon? I can see someone is desperate." Arjun teased."You're married bro, you can do it in your room too." Meera joined Arjun in the teasing game.

"Shut up you two, that's the only thing you can think of. A lot has happened lately between us, so I figured we need this, maybe it would make things better between us." Arnav sighed.

"Yeah, I wish I could also take holidays like you, that reminds me I have like two weeks left, then back to work, how long are you going to stay in Maldives?" Arjun asked.

"I guess a week." Arnav said.

"Great after you come back, the rest of the week is mine, who knows when we'll meet after I leave. I've taken a long holiday this time, dad was also calling me back home." Arjun said.

"So you're leaving in two weeks' time?" Mia looked at him sadly.

"Yeah, I have to." Arjun replied.

"What about Avanti, I mean are you both going to have a long distance relationship?" Arnav asked.

"No idea, I'll talk to her and figure things out, that reminds me, I have a date with her today in the evening, I go get some rest so I can be fresh for it." Arjun smirked as he stood up and headed to his room leaving Mia and Arnav discussing about their family problems.

*****

Khushi was busy cleaning each and every corner of the room and like Arnav had told her, she made sure to be very careful with things and not break them.

She arranged the bed, cleaned the walls and the frames hanging on them that were full of dust, then cleaned then opened the wardrobe to see if it needed cleaning.

The clothes we all in a mess so she dropped them all down and started folding them so she could arrange them well.

She found a lot of photographs hidden in between the clothes, they were all her photographs, some she had no idea when they were taken or anything, mostly they were the times when she had gone out with him, maybe he clicked them and she dint even know, he was such a beautiful photographer thought, the photos were really beautiful.

She found a book in the wardrobe, it looked like a diary, she picked it up and opened, the first page had a title written with colorful markers that read bucket list.

Then second page had a list of so many things that he wanted to do, the page after that followed with pictures attached of the things he had done so far.

He had a beautiful and adventurous life, she even remembered he was always so happy and full of life, it was difficult to believe that he could actually commit suicide, there wasn't any reason she could think of, obviously people blamed her for it, but she dint think Advik was the kind of a guy who would commit suicide just because she wasn't ready to be with him. Something about it wasn't just right.

She folded all the clothes and placed everything back in the wardrobe, she remembered Arnav told her that he found him in the bathroom with his wrist cut, maybe she could find something from there.

She headed inside the bathroom and looked around, it was all dusty too, and obviously no one had been in there since Advik left.

It all looked weird, suddenly everything Arnav told her about Advik was flashing in her mind, how he told her that Advik was planning a surprise proposal for her in front of his family, then that definitely meant she wasn't the reason for his suicide, but then if he was planning all this things, why would he suddenly take his life? It made no sense.

She walked out of the washroom, shut the door and just then Arnav walked in.

"Wow, it looks like it was before." He said as he looked around.

"Can I ask you a question Arnav? If you promise not to get angry, your anger has been scaring me off lately." Khushi looked at him nervously.

"Okay, ask." He nodded.

"You told me that you dint believe that Advik could take his own life, so why dint you try to find thing out? Maybe he actually dint commit suicide? You told me he was planning to propose me, so why would he decided to commit suicide when he was already planning something so big?" Khushi asked.

"I don't know, I dint believe it yes, but everything else said it was suicide, the post mortem reports, and even the police came and looked around the room, there was nothing suspicious, even if I wanted to find things out, I needed at least one thing to make me believe he dint commit suicide, something I could start from." Arnav said.

"Where was the postmortem done?"

"At the Raichand Private Hospital, why do you ask?"

"Just like that, anyway the room is clean and you are free too, we can pack now?" Khushi asked.

"Sure, and before I forget, we leave early in the morning, at five o'clock so make sure to wake up early, or I'll leave you behind and go enjoy alone." Arnav smiled.

"Make sure you aren't the one left here." Khushi giggled as they both headed back to their room but she couldn't stop thinking about Advik, something just didn't feel right. She had to visit the hospital and find out if the reports were real or they had been tampered with, maybe she would do that once they were back from their honeymoon.

"What are you thinking?" Arnav asked.

"How amazing Maldives is going to be." She smiled excitedly.