EPILOGUE

Khushi and Kiara were busy in the room getting ready for the wedding, they were dressed in matching outfits and decided to go for matching hairstyle and make up too, Avanti was seated beside them as she had a professional doing her hair and makeup.

"How does it feel? You're getting married today, are you excited?" Kiara asked Avanti.

"Sort of. I mean of course I am happy that Arjun and I made this long distance work and now here we are getting married, but it also means a lot of new responsibilities, leaving home, going to another place and starting a new life, it's all scary." Avanti said.

"I know, but if you have a supportive husband, things aren't that bad." Khushi said.

"Someone is speaking from experience." Avanti and Kiara teased her making her blush. A knock at the door disturbed their girly talk, Arnav peeped in and settled his eyes on Khushi.

"I need help." He said.

"Can't you let my best friend be just with me on this big day?" Avanti pouted.

"Sorry Avanti, she'll be back in a while, I'm just so addicted to her, I've forgotten how to do half the things." Arnav said.

Khushi just blushed and followed him outside, once they were out of the room, he quickly grabbed her hand and pulled her to another room.

"What help did you need?" Khushi asked.

"Nothing, I just missed you." Arnav smirked.

"You saw me like an hour ago Arnav, stop acting like a teenager, I need to be with Avanti today." Khushi said as she tried to walk away but Arnav grabbed her hand and pulled her back, pinning her to the nearest wall and blocking her by placing both his hands on the sides.

"It's not my fault that by every passing day I fall more and more in love with you." He said.

"We've been married for two years now Arnav, I think you've fallen in love with me more than you should." She giggled.

"How mean, you are so unromantic." He pouted like a baby.

Khushi just looked at him and sighed, she cupped his face and looked him into the eyes.

"I am not unromantic Arnav, it's just that it's Avanti's big day today and she's put a lot of responsibilities on me so I don't want to disappoint her. and what are you doing here? Shouldn't you be with Arjun helping him out?" she asked.

"I should, but it's not my fault that I was missing my wife."

"You are such a baby, but I love you." Khushi giggled as she moved closer to him, sealed her lips with him and kissed him passionately for a moment.

"I think this will keep you going for a while now." She smiled.

"You bet." He smirked proudly as he finally let her go. It was funny, since everything between her and Arnav went back to normal, she saw a completely different side of him, the one that loved her crazily, the one where he was always this romantic and doing things to make her happy, he was like the most perfect husband ever.

Khushi walked out of the room and met Kritika and Karan outside there, Kritika was busy helping Karan with his tie. As for Mia, she did want to attend the wedding but she decided it was better if she dint, in this two years she tried all she could to get rid of the feelings she had towards Arjun, but it had been difficult for her because she had never fallen for someone ever, Arjun was the first guy ever, and as they say, first love is pretty hard to forget, for some people it is impossible.

So as much as she wanted to be here and see him start a new life, she knew it was going to hurt her badly so she decided to stay at home, life isn't a fairytale to everyone but hopefully someday, her life too would be a fairytale.

Arnav walked outside and saw them both standing while Khushi stood beside them, he just sighed, grabbed Khushi's hand and pulled her away. In the beginning Arnav really tried, to make things better between himself and his father, but I guess he was just too hurt to be able to forgive him ever.

Until today, he hadn't been able to forgive him, they all did live in the same house, sat together had dinner together but when it came to Arnav and Karan, the both of them wouldn't talk much, if they did it was something casual, at least they were trying to be good to each other.

"Arnav, it's been two years. When are you going to act like his son to him?" Khushi asked once they were far from them.

"I don't think that's ever possible Khushi."

"You just want to hate your father forever." Khushi said.

"Do you think that is what I want? What did I tell you Khushi, I've yearned for love my entire life, so trust me when I say this, I do want to forgive him but I can't. Sometimes things are difficult. Look it's not like I didn't try, I took your advice, I took mom's advice and tried but every time I tried, all I could remember was that I was a mistake.

He never wanted me Khushi, he was just a human with a bit of good heart so he dint throw me away but he despised me his entire life. I wasn't the one that slept with another woman and got her pregnant, he was the one, then why did he punish me for his mistakes?

What gives parents the right to treat their children terribly because of their own damn stupid reasons. There's nothing that can justify how he treated me, I grew up believing I dint deserve to be loved, why? Because of him.

You know what all children want Khushi? For their parents to love them, they don't ask for me, I wanted the same too, but my parents dint love me, my father despised me, always made me feel like I dint deserve his love so no, I can't forgive him just because he is my father, I don't think he deserves the forgiveness.

For him it was a mistake he made, for me it was a mental torture Khushi, no amount of apology will ever change the way I was treated all this years, so I am sorry I know you just want me to be happy but I am, I just can't forgive him. Now can we go back to our best friends? They are getting married, this is supposed to be a happy day." He tried to smile, Khushi nodded, obviously they dint want to ruin this day for their friends by being sad.

Arnav headed back to Arjun and Khushi headed back to the girls, he was right, no parents had the right to treat their children badly because of any stupid reason, how could they forget that if they were on this earth it was because of them? They had no right to punish their children for their own stupid mistakes. They never realized how much effect it had on their mental health too.

*****

Arnav and Khushi stood beside each other, watching their best friends getting married, it was beautiful, when two people that loved each other were now getting married, it made them believe that fairytales exist, their love story was not really a fairytale but now it did feel like a fairytale.

They kept on throwing the flower petals at the couple as they took the seven nuptial rounds that tied them into the bond of marriage.

"I wish we were this happy when we got married." Arnav said to Khushi.

"I know, we were too messed up to be happy." Khushi sighed.

"But at least we are happy now, just that we won't have beautiful wedding memories like them." Arnav said as he looked at Arjun and Avanti who were now standing beside each other, lost into each other's eyes and smiling happily.

"Honestly, I am jealous of them." Khushi said.

"You don't have to be, no one remembers how we got married apart from us, so you can imagine it was like a fairytale." Arnav smirked.

"Sure." Khushi giggled as she held his arms and leaned closer to him.

*****

It was late when Arnav and Khushi arrived back home, after the wedding was over they stayed back to finish all the work which took them really long.

"If I stay in this outfit a bit longer I might just faint." Khushi said as she rushed inside the room to change.

"I don't want you to faint so I'll help you get rid of it." Arnav smirked.

"Aren't you extra romantic today?" Khushi giggled as she looked at him, he was already unhooking her blouse from behind.

"I don't know, something about weddings makes me extra romantic." He said.

"But I am tired." Khushi pouted.

"It's okay, I'll help you relax." He winked at her making her blush and he continued helping her undress, once she was done, he picked her up in his arms, took her to bed, helped her lie down and he lied down beside her and cuddled with her.

"Can we cuddle after I am a bit dressed?" Khushi asked.

"No, you're sleeping like this today." Arnav laughed.

"You know you are crazy at times." Khushi giggled as she pulled a blanket and covered herself with it, Arnav covered himself with it too and kept on holding on to her until they both fell asleep peacefully, it had been a tiring day for them.

Maybe all stories don't always have a happy ending, because that's life, you can't expect everything to be perfect but you can find happiness in a lot of things and be happy.

Just like Arnav did, he found happiness in Khushi, but his life wasn't perfect, his mother was dead, he wasn't able to forgive his father, he still yearned for the parental love but it wasn't like the end of the world, he was happy with whatever life gave him, and maybe that was supposed to be enough.