Part 33

Arnav parked the car outside her house and turned to look at her with a smile.

"I hope you liked it, and if you dint, I'll try better next time, it was my first time so..." He said.

"I loved it Arnav, it was the best date ever, thank you for making me feel so special." she smiled at him.

"So, I'll see you tomorrow at work?" He asked.

"Sure, and there's something I really need to talk to you about, it's important. Can you make time for me for a while? We can just sit and talk?" she asked.

"I don't know, I haven't been to work since Saturday, I have lots of meetings lined up." He shrugged as Khushi kept on staring at him.

"Okay, you can let me know when you're free, we'll meet and talk." She smiled at him.

"You're my assistant, you have my schedule, you'll definitely know when I'm free." He winked at her.

"Stop flirting and go home now, text me once you reach." She smiled at him as she stepped out of the car and leaned on the window, he was still smiling about God knows what.

"Why are you smiling?" She asked.

"It's good to have someone who wants to know if you've reached home safely, it's good to have someone who cares." He smiled.

She nodded as she headed inside the house, he waited until she shut the door and then drove away, as she turned around she found Avanti and Kiara seated on the sofa excitedly waiting for her to tell them the details of the date.

"So how was it?" Avanti asked.

"Did he kiss you?" Kiara asked to which Khushi blushed instantly as the perfect kiss flashed in her mind.

"Oh My God! He did!" Avanti jumped out of the sofa and rushed to hug her excitedly as Kiara joined her in the hug.

"Okay, now details." Kiara said as she sat down on the sofa joined by Avanti and Khushi while Khushi started telling them about her perfect date.

*****

Arjun stopped at the door when he heard someone talking, he immediately realized Avanti's voice, she sounded serious as if they were talking about something really important.

"Do you think she will ever be able to do it herself? I guess we should go with her and do it with her." Avanti said.

"I don't know but it's high time she does it." Kiara said.

"I don't know how Arnav will react if he finds out that his own brother loved Khushi, it's scaring me so I can get how scared she might be." Avanti said.

"Khushi was the girl Advik was in love with?" Arjun asked in shock as he walked in while the girls looked at him like they had seen a ghost.

"Arjun, when did you come?" Avanti tried to smiled as she walked towards him.

"Don't change the topic, does Arnav know it?" Arjun asked, he looked really serious.

"No, he doesn't." Avanti replied.

"What the hell! He's just being lied to, he doesn't even know that the girl he's in love with is the same girl because of whom his brother committed suicide!" Arjun looked at Avanti angrily.

"It wasn't her fault that he committed suicide Arjun, you can't jump into conclusions without knowing the whole story." Avanti looked at him angrily, why was he even jumping to conclusions without knowing it?

"I can, because she wouldn't hide the truth if she wasn't wrong! I cant imagine how heartbroken Arnav is going to be. Avanti, I thought you were a great girl but you really disappointed me, I trusted you, you should have at least told me about this."

"I wouldn't, because it wasn't my story to tell." She looked at him angrily, why was he acting this way suddenly?

"Maybe it wasn't my story to tell but I'm definitely not going to let my friend live a lie, Khushi shouldn't have done that to him, I hate myself for ever encouraging it.

Advik was as much as important as Arnav is to me and to be honest I am really hurt that you knew about it all and dint bother telling me." Arjun said as he looked at her for one last time before he turned around to walk away.

"Arjun listen to me! Please don't go like this." Avanti said as she rushed behind him, she got hold of his hand and stopped him.

"Khushi is going to tell him, please let her tell him about it. if you do he will feel betrayed."

"That's the point, she already betrayed him and I can't let my friend live a lie! I have to tell him because unlike you all, I can't hide this from him!" Arjun shouted.

"I know but just give Khushi a chance, just one week and if she wouldn't be able to tell him by then, you're free to tell him about it yourself but she deserves a chance to tell him the truth herself.

Please don't do this Arjun, I beg you." Avanti pleaded to him.

"I can't believe you're telling me to hide the truth from my best friend, he deserves to know it!"

"I know and all I'm saying is Khushi should be the one to know it. Please do it, for my sake just one week please?" She begged him.

"Fine, only a week and if by then he doesn't get to know, I'll tell him myself but you should have told me about this earlier. I don't know if Arnav will forgive Khushi or not, but I do know one thing for sure is that I can't forgive you."

"Please don't say that Arjun." Avanti said as tears rolled down her eyes, he couldn't do this to her, what was her fault in this? She did it for her friend, he should understand it.

"I mean it Avanti, whatever that was starting between us, it's over even before it started." Arjun said as he walked away feeling hurt, never in his lifetime did he think that a girl had the power to make him feel this hurt.

Advik was like his own brother, the three of them grew up together, he loved both Arnav and Advik more than anything in this damn world and realizing that Khushi was the reason why Advik was no more did hurt, but what hurt more was that Avanti knew it and she dint find it important to tell him.

*****

Khushi rushed to Arnav's office with a cup of coffee as soon as he arrived, she placed it on the table and smiled at him before walking away, they dint talk because he was with clients.

She headed back to her cabin and settled down when Arnav walked in.

"Good Morning my love." He smiled at her as he walked towards her and gave her a tight hug.

"Good morning, and what has you so happy this morning?" Khushi asked breaking the hug.

"You just looked so beautiful I couldn't stop myself from hugging you, I'd wish to do more too but let me not forget this is an office." He smirked as he turned around to leave but stopped at the door.

"Oh I forgot what I came for, you have to prepare a contract, I've mailed you the details, make sure it's ready in an hour, once I'm done with this meeting, the both of us have to go for another meeting outside and you'll have to bring that contract along to be signed okay?" He smiled.

"As you say boss." Khushi smiled, Arnav walked away as Khushi headed to the kitchen to get herself a cup of coffee before she started working.

As she walked out of the kitchen, she saw Arjun standing outside Arnav's cabin.

"He's busy in a meeting, you can wait for him in my cabin." Khushi smiled at him.

"No thanks, I'll just come by later." Arjun said without looking at her.

"He has another meeting after this, I don't think you'll find him in the office, maybe I can..."

"I don't need your help to see my best friend, I can do it on my own." Arjun looked at her with bloodshot eyes.

"Why are you being rude Arjun, as far as I know I dint do anything to harm you." Khushi said.

"Yes you did, you took away Advik from us and now before I say anything terrible to you just leave me alone!" He looked at her angrily as Khushi stood there in shock, how did he find out about her and Advik? Was he going to tell Arnav about it? Of course he was, they were best friends.