Part 17

There was a knock at the door of Arnav's cabin, a moment later, Meera walked in as she sat down opposite him.

"What are you doing here?" Arnav asked as he looked at her with displeased expressions.

"Look I know that there has been a lot happening between us and you wanted us to take a break and I'm totally fine with it, but it's your birthday tomorrow and I just wanted to do something for you, but I know how much you value work so I've made plans in a way that we would work and also be able to celebrate your birthday.

I want us to go somewhere, it's a beautiful place so we can have our next photo shoot there and we can also celebrate your birthday there, and I am not being inhuman or anything, I know your brother just passed away recently so you wouldn't want to celebrate but I promise it's not something big, just you me and our workmates, it will be work and a bit of your birthday I promise." Meera looked at him nervously.

"You know it's not about Advik, I never celebrate my birthdays Meera." Arnav said.

"I know, but I'm just trying to make an effort to make our relationship work, please give it a chance too, maybe someday you'll also fall in love with me." Meera looked at him with a pout on her face that made her look really innocent.

"Okay fine, but nothing big okay?"

"Thank you so much Arnav, you have no idea how much this means to me." Meera said excitedly.

"And because you planned for this, you'll be the one to make all the arrangements for the photoshoot and inform the employees that will be involved."

"Fine, I'll do it, I'm just so glad you agreed, thank you so much, now I'll see you tomorrow morning sharp at 6 o'clock, right here at the office okay?"

"Okay." Arnav nodded while Meera stood up and walked out of the cabin as she headed straight to Khushi's cabin.

Khushi stood up as soon as she saw walking her in, she hoped that Meera wasn't here to talk about Arnav again, she was done with her insecurities.

"Look I really don't want your boyfriend just keep him, stop harassing me like this." Khushi said.

"I'm not here to talk about Arnav, we have a photoshoot tomorrow so we are travelling somewhere and you are his assistant so you have to make the arrangements. We will leave at 6 o'clock in the morning tomorrow, so you'll have to be here by then, I'll inform the others, just make sure you are prepared." Meera informed Khushi and walked away.

"Now watch how I'll take you away from Arnav." Meera said to herself as she smirked and then headed downstairs.

After Meera left, Khushi spent the rest of the day busy organizing everything for the photoshoot and making sure nothing was left out, she liked everything being perfect when it came to her work.

*****Next Morning.

Everyone had gathered outside the office, ready with all the equipment and the documents that were going to be needed, Meera had arranged for a few cars that were to take them wherever she had planned.

Once the cars arrived, they all got inside and headed to their destination, Meera and Arnav followed them in Arnav's personal car.

"I have a surprise for you as soon as we arrive, I'm sure you are going to love it." Meera said to Arnav, to which Arnav nodded positively as he kept on staring at his phone.

It was a drive of about half an hour until they arrived at the place, they drove in through a huge gate and were welcomed to the most beautiful scenery.

The whole place looked like some sort of a flower garden, it was surrounded by different kinds of flowers and it looked beautiful.

In between, there was a huge white mansion, they all stepped out of the cars and looked around the place in awe, this was the most beautiful place any of them had ever seen.

"Oh My God! This is going to be the perfect place for a photoshoot." Khushi's workmate said excitedly.

"I know." Khushi smiled as she looked towards Arnav's car, Arnav and Meera stepped out and looked around.

"So guys, start setting up for the shoot, I'll get ready and be back in a while." Meera announced to the team. A lady followed her with a huge bag that had all the dresses for the photoshoot.

"Khushi, come along, there's something I need to discuss with you." Arnav said to Khushi, she nodded and followed him as they headed inside the Mansion.

Meera was holding Arnav's hand and pulling him inside excitedly while Khushi was just looking around the mansion, it was huge and it was beautiful.

"So you're here finally." A voice came from nowhere, they all looked around but they couldn't see anyone but then all over a sudden a guy walked downstairs.

He was tall, not dark but handsome as hell, he was dressed in a black tux and he looked like he had walked out of a movie, he had his hair combed all backwards and he had some pretty good beard, he looked really fine.

"Arjun!" Arnav looked at him in surprise.

"Hello best friend." Arjun grinned as he walked towards Arnav and the both of them hugged each other as if they were meeting after ages.

"This really is a pleasant surprise Meera." Arnav looked at her.

"I told you, anyway I'll change you both carry on." She smiled as she headed to one of the rooms to get ready.

"I still can't believe I'm seeing you, it's been a whole year." Arnav said.

"I know, I wanted to come sooner, you know when I heard about Advik but I don't know, my secretary messed up with my travel documents and so I got late, anyway how have you been doing?" Arjun looked at him worriedly.

"I'll be better now that you are here." Arnav smiled at him, they both got engrossed in their conversation while Khushi stood in one corner staring at them, since she joined work, today was the first time when she was seeing Arnav being genuinely happy and maybe it was because of Arjun.

"Excuse me." Someone tapped on Khushi's shoulder, she turned around and found a guy standing behind her, she had never seen him before, she was sure he dint work in her office so who was he and why was he even here?

"Yes?" Khushi looked at him curiously.

"I've been looking at you since we arrived and I can't stop looking, I mean you are so gorgeous." He smiled at her.

"Thank you." Khushi smiled awkwardly as she tried to walk away but he suddenly got hold of her hand and stopped her.

"Hey why are you running away, I'm just trying to talk to you, I know I'm a stranger but we can get to know each other, I'm Kabir and you?"

"Khushi, now excuse me I have a lot of work to do." Khushi said to him.

"Khushi, is there a problem?" Arnav asked. He was still standing in the same position with Arjun but right now, both of them were looking at her.

"No sir, I'm fine, I'll just go outside and check if everything is okay." Khushi said as she walked away in a hurry trying to escape this stranger while Arnav kept on looking at her until she disappeared while Arjun kept on staring at Arnav while he grinned.

"And who is that?" Arjun asked.

"She's my assistant, she just joined recently."

"You have to admit she's gorgeous, I wonder what she's doing being an assistant when she could be a great model instead." Arjun said.

"People have their own choices, she doesn't want to be a model let her be." Arnav replied.

"Okay that was one hell of an answer, what's up, why are you acting so possessive about her? Do you by any chance have a crush sort of thing on her? I mean if I were you I would definitely, she looked really fine." Arjun giggled.

"Oh shut up, you know I am with Meera."

"And I know how things are between you both so I wouldn't really judge if you'd be interested in your assistant." He giggled.

"This is what you always do, imagine me having crushes on every girl I talk to, she's just my assistant Arjun, she's a simple girl let her be."

"And as far as I know you, that's your kind of a girl, the simple one, I mean I just got a glimpse of hers and I can't that that face off my mind, that girl is something Arnav, there is no way you haven't noticed how gorgeous she is."

"Well as a matter of fact I haven't, and I'm done with this conversation, I have work to do." Arnav shrugged as he walked away while Arjun followed him outside.

The whole set up for the photoshoot was almost done, everyone was waiting for Meera to come so that they would begin the shoot.

Khushi was busy talking to the cameraman, giving him details about the kind of photoshoot they wanted, while Arnav and Arjun were standing a bit further from her.

"There she is, look at her perfect sleek hair, she looks beautiful even when she's talking, and the way she tucks the hairs behind her ears and they still keep on falling on her face, why haven't I ever seen anyone as gorgeous as her?" Arjun looked at Arnav.

Arnav was looking at Khushi while Arjun's words kept on ringing in his head, the way he was describing her beauty, it was like he was noticing how beautiful she looked for the first time ever, even though he had known her for a while now.

He looked spellbound, he wasn't able to take her eyes off her, she looked around, rolled her eyes, bit her lips, and everything she did just ended up making her look prettier than she was.

"She's is beautiful isn't she?" Arjun asked as he looked at Arnav.

"Yes." Arnav replied, still not taking his eyes off her.

"I told you so." Arjun smirked and that was when Arnav noticed what was actually happened, he shrugged as he looked at Arjun.

"I know what exactly you are trying to do, using those old tricks of yours you used to use on me in school, just so you know they aren't going to work, they never worked in school either." Arnav smirked at him.

"What's the harm in trying? You might actually end up liking her" Arjun laughed.

"And that would create more problems, you know Meera and I..."

"It's not love Arnav."

"It's not but... I just stop myself from looking at anyone that way, why else do you think everyone else around me has noticed how beautiful Khushi looks and I haven't? Because I stop myself from noticing, I can't go on developing feelings for any girl because in the end, I would still have to choose Meera over everything else, no matter what."

"There's a difference Arnav, feelings make you weak, love makes you stronger, once you fall in love with someone, you'll find the strength to deal with whatever you have with Meera."

"I don't think that's possible and let's stop discussing this, can we talk about work or anything else?"

"Fine." Arjun said.