In At The Deep End

A few weeks had passed. Ben and I had been spending a lot of time together We'd taken the children out at the weekends, trips to the Zoo, the park to feed the ducks, you name it we'd done it. We'd had movie nights just the two of us on the sofa curled up in each other, the more time I spent with him the more I wanted him, but that was another step, I'd have to tell him, show him.

We would text or call each other every evening this was our chance to get to know more about one another. I had found out so much about him and him me. What was with his ex wife and all she had said. Yes I was discovering that he was protective and attentive but nothing like he'd been of accused of by her. It made me hate her a woman I didn't even know.

It's Monday evening and I'm drying myself after my shower, drawn to the mirror again, I hated the sight of it but still couldn't look away.

Sweetheart I only have morning classes tomorrow would you like to take the children swimming after your shift? Xxx

Shit what, the thought of this sent a mad panic through my brain, the thought of him seeing me in a swimming costume, exposing myself to him and yet if I say no he's going to think there's something wrong with me for sure. I text him back and try and make a joke

Jesus seeing all my lumps and bumps might put you off :)

and I send it not waiting long for my reply

Nothing could put me off you darling and excuse me what bloody lumps and bumps??? :) You are gorgeous as I keep telling you xxx

he replies, he really has an answer for everything doesn't he?

Ben's Point Of view

Lumps and bumps oh sweetheart what don't you want me to see. I am left in no doubt that something has happened to her to make her want to hide herself from the world stopping her from doing the simplest of things.

If you don't want to Darling we don't have to it was just an idea x

But a part of me is hoping she will say yes because I so want her to do these things that she has obviously been too afraid to, she deserves a normal life not tainted by her past whatever has happened.

No I'd love to X

She texts back and I smile down at the message thinking it must have taken a lot to agree to. Oh I wish she would tell me. She is so lost in the world I can see it in her gaze sometimes when she looks at me I want to remove that fear from her, open her eyes to the world and that it isn't all bad and there are some out there who would care for her, God I want to care for her.

Great darling if I collect you from work then we can pick up Riley and Ellie and head straight there, then supper is on me yeah??

I send to her, I can hear her cursing me for buying supper though, Miss independent.

OK sweetie sounds lovely xx

I can't wait sweetheart now get some sleep and I'll see you tomorrow xxx

Yes Sir!!  night night sweet dreams xxx

Sir!!

I love you night night xxx

Lisa's Point Of View

"What you up to this afternoon Lis" Mike asks me as I collect my things from my locker

"Taking the kids swimming" I tell him

"Oh nice is uh Ben coming" he asks and I grin "I'll take that as a yes" he jokes. I head downstairs with Mike following me onto the shop floor "You know Lis if you and Ben ever fancy a night out I'd be happy to babysit, the kids they have got to know me now, I'd be happy too" he says and I look at him "its just I know you don't have anyone round here so just ask yeah"