Chapter 9: Upperclassmen true abilities

Chapter 9: Upperclassmen true abilities: Middle blockers and the Libero~

Twilight's perfect timing and instinct really stunned me, the way she think where the ball will go next is awesome! I wonder how did she knew Gilda's next move?

As soon the ball fell to the other team's floor, Flash blew his whistle as he gives us a point, making me and my team yell in joy.

Ss: "Nice block Twi!" Sunset yelled while tapping Twilight's shoulder and making her blush for some reason.

Rd: "WHA- How did you know that Gilda was about to do a straight shot?" I asked in excitement which made Twilight chuckle while fixing her sports glasses.

Ts: "Simple, Guess blocking."

Rd: "Guess blocking? Whats that?" I asked confused.

Ts: "Its when you quickly figure out the opponent's next move by carefully but quickly analyzing her position or posture." (Am I right? I honestly dont know XD)

Rd: "So.. Cool!"

Ts: "I know right, thats why I read books a lot to-"

Ss: "Like a bookworm." Sunset teasingly said to make the others laugh.

Ts: "Shut up Sunset! Ehem, you need to figure out guess blocking too Rainbow, your one of the middle blockers remember?"

Rd: "I am?! I mean.. Yes I am! Thanks Twilight."

Twilight lastly gave me a warm smile before going back to the back to serve the ball since we won the set. As Flash blew his whistle again, Twilight tossed the ball upwards and jumping and the end to slam the ball with her right hand.

When the ball flew to the other side, they received it and passed it to Fluttershy for her to.. Toss?

I watch the ball drop to Fluttershy's fingertips while wondering if she'll pass the ball to her back or the front?

Rd: "Danm Dash.. Think!" I thought to myself, but before my arms could even react, Fluttershy did a unexpected dump which fell beside me.

I was too slow to react, even though I saw the ball fall to my right, my instincts aren't fast enough. All I can do is watch the ball drop to the ground.

Suddenly, Pinkie pie dived in! She immediately reached her left hand to make the ball go in the air again.

Rd: "P-pinkie?!"

Pp: "Im a libero! I'd guard your backs with my life if I had to!" She happily yelled back with a smile.

I nodded yes to her before turning my attention to the ball which was going towards Applejack.

Rd: "Applejack!" I yelled as I ran towards the net and jump at the right time.

I then closed my eyes and hoped that Applejack threw the ball for me. But when I felt the ball hit my palm, a irresistible smile went up my face but wait.. Theres more.

I carefully opened my eyes and saw 3 blockers infront of me. My eyes widened in shock when I realized that they blocked my attack which sends the ball back to our base in slow motion.

“A tall, tall wall looms in front of me. What’s the view on the other side? What does it look like when we play a actual match? I've seen the view before but.. I was never blocked.

When I heard the ball drop on our side, the other team yelled in joy while I turned my hands into fist, teasing the fact that I scored our opponent a point.

Rd: "Im sorry! I shouldn't spi-"

When I felt someone tap my shoulder, I immediately looked back and saw Sunset with a warm smile.

Ss: "Don't worry, we'll get it next time.'

Rd: "I-.. Thanks Captain."

She then smiled before going to back to her position before Flash blow his whistle to make the other team serve the ball.

When Fluttershy served the ball, Twilight quickly received it, passing the ball to Applejack.

When Aj tossed the ball, I sighed knowing that she wont pass it to me after what happened a while ago. So I just watched Aj toss the ball to CHS's current Ace, Sunset.

Sunset then did a cross shot which was countered by their number 6. Fluttershy immediately ran to the right to toss it again to their spiker.

When the wing spiker slammed the ball towards my line, I immediately prepared my stance to received it but my eyes widened in shock again as soon I saw Rarity jumping in and blocking the attack.

Rd: "Wow.. She's fast!" I thought to myself with a grin.

When Flash blew his whistle, he gave us CHS a point, making the score "3-3".

Rd: "That was awesome Rarity!" I yelled in amazement causing Rarity to blush from the compliment.

R: "Oh? It was nothing darling, its only the guess blocking Twilight taught me." She replied with a cute giggle.

"Hey hey hey.."

Rarity nervously turned around and saw the rest of the team giving her a scary intense look which made her jump in shock.

Ss: "Was that a compliment Rarity?" Sunset asked with her creepy smile.

R: "No.. No it wasn't Darling!"

Ts: "Really?"

Pp: "Get her!" Pinkie pie yelled while running towards Rarity but before the pink haired libero could touch the fashionista, I immediately yelled to make them stop.

Rd: "Guys! Your all great." I yelled with a warm smile.

The upperclassmen then coughed obviously, pretending not to be affected from the compliment.

Ss: "Ehm, you dont need to compliment us Rainbow."

Pp: "Yeah we already know how cool we are."

R: "But you three were literally about to attack me since Rainbow only gave me com-" Twilight quickly placed her hand on Rarity's mouth before she could even finish.

Ts: "Nonsense Rarity we were not about to attack you.. " Twilight interrupted with a grin.

While the upperclassmen fight about compliments, I carefully moved closer to Applejack who had her eye on Fluttershy on the entire time.

Rd: "Heya Applejack.."

Aj: "Uh.. Hi?"

Rd: "Mind tossing me the ball next time?"

Aj: "No way.'

Rd: "What?! Captain said were all allies at this side of the court!"

Aj: "Yeah but you still lack potential of winning." She replied with a teasing girn.

Rd: "You freaking giraf-"

We all turned our attention to Flash when he finally blew his whistle to continue to match. So we immediately ran back to our positions as I waited for Applejack to serve the ball at the back.

When Aj successfully served the ball into the other side, Gilda tossed the ball upwards, making Fluttershy spike it to finish the set.

So Fluttershy did a heavy cross shot which went directly at Applejack's face. But before it could even hit and damage Aj's cute face, she quickly raised her arms to deflect the ball.

When the ball flew back into the air, Sunset took a few steps back before running towards the ball and slamming it into the other team's side with mad force that no one can counter nor received.

Is this the true ability of the former Ace? Sunset's spike was really strong.. I guess she really was the former Ace.

But Im not loosing to her yet.