Chapter 10: The Ace's abilities

Chapter 10: Upperclassmen true abilities: The former Ace of Equestria and our captain~
-

Watching Sunset jump and spike the ball mid- air really makes me admirer her even more. Even though she has the title of the Ace in CHS, I'll train with all my might to get that title when the 3rd year's graduate.

But I need to handle my jealousy for Sunset.. Like Applejack said, "My selfishness will loose this team's balance." I need to keep calm, analyze Sunset's amazing moves and take note for my future title.

As soon Sunset spiked the ball with mad force, no one can received it because the huge impact can break your arms if you try.. Well not really but her attack was strong as heck!

When Flash blew his whistle and scored us CHS a point, I immediately ran to Sunset to give her even more compliments as a idol.

Rd: "You were so cool captain! I wish I can do an attack that's super strong like you!" I said with a amazed look, making the captain laugh in nervousness.

Ss: "Thanks Rainbow but.. Can you keep your voice down? I appreciate your compliments but-"

Sunset gasped in shock when we both heard someone clearing her throat behind us. So me and the 3rd year turned around and saw the other upperclassmen giving Sunset a scary look which was absolutely hilarious to watch.

Rd: "Uhm.. Bai." I lastly said in a panicking tone before running away from the angry upperclassmen and hiding behind Applejack's back.

Aj: "Hey? What's going on there?" She asked confused, tapping my Rainbow hair to get my attention.

Rd: "Uhm.. I accidentally gave a compliment to Sunset which cought the attention of the other upperclassmen. And now they're about to beat her up."

Aj: "You're an Idiot. But is this normal?"

Rd: "I think so, it looks like they're having fun."

Aj: "Oh.. Thanks shortie." She said with a teasing smile before going back to the back to serve the bal again since we won the last set.

Rd: "You freaking Giraffe." I yelled back while running to my positions same with the other upperclassmen.

"Hey Dashie."

I looked back and saw Fluttershy with a smile, I smiled back and waved at her.

Rd: "Heya Shy."

Fs: "Uhm.. Why is your team fighting?"

Rd: "What? Them? Pffft~ nah they're just playing.. I think."

Fs: "Oh.. Before the blue hair boy blow his whistle again, can you meet me later when this match is over?"

Rd: "Uh sure Flutte-"

I immediately turned my attention to Flash when he blew his whistle to continue the match again. So I gave one last smile to Fluttershy before preparing my stance as a middle blocker.

When Applejack served the ball into the other side, Saint's academy revived it and toss the ball to their setter.

But Fluttershy's position seems odd, is she tossing the ball to Gilda? Or to another wing spiker at her left? Danm im too slow to think!

Suddenly, Fluttershy unexpectedly tossed the ball backwards for the other wing spiker to spike. My eyes widened in shock as I watch the ball falling infront of me.

My instincts weren't fast enough so I couldn't react quickly. I immediately turned around to look for Pinkie but she's far away from the ball.

Rd: "Danm.. Dash, think!' I thought to myself.

Then theres you, the captain I admire so much. Sunset immediately dived into the floor to save the ball before it touches the floor.

Ss: "Its up!" She yelled, getting back to her feet while watching the ball go back in the air.

Rd: "T-thanks Captain!" I yelled with slight nervousness but she smiled back before taking a few steps back when she saw Twilight tossing the ball for her.

Im still amazed everytime I see Sunset  is about to spike the ball in mid-air. Sure I envy her but I immediately got to my senses when I realized that her attack was blocked.

The ball bounced off the other team's hands and deflected straight at my face.

Rd: "ACKK!"

Again, I was too slow to react so the ball immediately hit my face with mad force which made gasp in pain and shock. The ball then deflected so it flew outside the court, counted as a point for the other team.

Ss: "Rainbow are you okay?!" Sunset asked in a panicking tone while running towards me.

Aj: "Learn how to receive with your hands not your face dumbass!"

R: "Applejack language!"

Pp: "Why does Rainbow gets hit on the face the most?"

Ts: "Its because I haven't trained her how to think fast yet."

Rd:"Relax guys Im fine! Lets just continue the game. " I replied, making Flash continue the game.

As the match continued, the score is currently "11 for CHS and 16 for Saint's academy." I was still shock at the time when I realized that Fluttershy and Gilda really has really improved when I switched schools.. Is Gilda a better captain than me?

But besides that, Our team was slightly chaotic compared to our opponents. Even though our upperclassmen made it to Nationals once, it seems like their skill has decreased.. Is this why They were called the 'The fallen heroes?" Or the "Useless powerhouse?"

All I need to know is we need to train with all our might if we want to make it to Nationals. But something really affected me.. Its Applejack.

She seems to be very passionate about Volleyball but sometimes her tosses are too high or short to even make it to the wing-spikers. I think she's still struggling to be a part of the team.

But I cant get my heavy feeling off every time our eyes met during the game, even though she wont toss to me, Im still.. Happy for her?

I still envy and love admiring her from afar.

This is the path and passion of our setter..

Applejack..