Chapter 18: No more tosses please!

Rd: "W-why did you toss me the ball? I thought "Im weak"?

Aj: "Is that the reason why your acting strange? Oh come on Rainbow-"

Rd: "Just shut up.. Please." I lastly said before looking away.

Applejack just sighed as she prepared her stance. Since the other team blocked my attack, they get to serve the ball now.

So Sunset ran to the back after she received the ball from Flash. Of course she did her amazing yet powerful serve like before which flew directly at me.

Rd: "C-crap! Cover!" I yelled in shock when I noticed that the ball was heading above my head.

R: "Got it!" Rarity yelled back as she dived into the floor behind me to save the ball.

Wb: "Chance ball!" The green haired girl said before hitting the ball towards Applejack for her to set.

But before Applejack could even get the ball, Fluttershy immediately jumped into the air and tossed the ball backwards.

Fs: "Rainbow!"

Rd: "Got it!"

I then took a few steps back before running after the ball, closing my eyes and slamming my hand afterwards. But when I felt the ball connected with my hand, I slowly opened my eyes and saw Twilight and Coloratura were about to jump for a block but.. They were too slow.

When I got down, I saw the ball bouncing in their base. Fluttershy and my team yelled a cheer as they gave me a pat on the back.

Applejack on the other hand looks pissed, I dont know why but I kinda feel guilty about it.

Rd: "Applej-" I was cut off when I felt someone hugged me from behind.

Fs: "Great shot Dashie!"

Rd: "Thanks Shy, you really improved huh?"

Fs: "Of course! We're going to Nationals.. Together."

Rd: "I know Fluttershy. Thanks for the toss by the way."

Fs: "No prob-"

Before Fluttershy could even finish, Applejack immediately pulled me away from her.

Rd: "Ah! What the hell Aj?" I gasped in slight anger but she ignored me, as usual.

Aj: "that was my ball Flower girl, dont you ever still my toss again, ya hear me?" Aj growled, making Fluttershy gasp in fear.

Fs: "Y-yes ma'am! Im so sorry!"

Aj: "Your not the only setter.." She lastly replied before going back to her position.

Geez what's the cowgirl's problem? We scored a point and that's all it matters. But her eyes are angered again.. I wonder why.

Because we won the last set, Wallflower Blush ran to the back to serve the ball.

After she did a slightly off serve, the ball hits the top of the net, making it loose its momentum.

Pinkie pie quickly saved the ball, causing it to fly back into the air. Suddenly, Twilight tossed the ball into the air but Sunset looks like she wasn't ready for an attack.

Rd: "Huh?" I gasped in confusion as I watch the ball fly across the court.

Its going outside the court.. What was Twilight thinking? But as soon I saw the girl named Starling ran after it, my eyes widened in shock when she did a vertical jump and slammed the ball with her right hand.

Rd: "What the?! Fluttershy cover!"

Fluttershy nodded in agreement while chasing the ball behind us, but when the ball finally touched the ground, Flash blew his whistle to count a point.