Chapter 54: Battle for the Ace

Now that me and Sunset faced off in the court's different sides, the atmosphere has completely changed as both our attention got serious.

Both our setters are right by our side, waiting for this match to start. She has Twilight and I have Applejack while our other teammates were watching in the side.

Comparing Sunset's height at me is absolutely terrifying, not to mention her wicked heavy attack and cross shots which may snap your arms of if your received it wrong.

Our captain maybe the one suited for the Ace title because of her skills but she lacks one key skill that might be my advantage in this match up.

Yes, she lacks speed and fast reflexes unlike me. With my speed, I might be able to counter attack Sunset and Twilight using me and Aj'a quick attack.

Since im a middle blocker, its no point to stop nor block Sunset's attack. It will just probably break through my blocks with her intense strength.

But on the other hand, my attacks might be stopped by Twilight since she's the lead middle blocker in our team.

With her intelligence and quick thinking, she can easily stop my attacks any time. Not to mention that she served as a libero last year which makes this even more harder.

Let's just hope me and Applejack's quick attack is enough to match our two 3rd years. And if we fail, im honored that I have played with them on my last match.

After Flash finally blew his whistle to call me and Sunset to the front, we walked up to him and faced each other afterwards.

This anxious feeling has kept me overthrown since I stepped foot into this gym court, paired with feeling in my stomach that makes me wanna throw up from nervousness.

But can my confidence over laps it all? Just facing Sunset in her eyes really makes me feel that I might loose to her.

F: "Heads, Rainbow Dash. Tails, Sunset Shimmer. Got it?" He asked before tossing the coin into the air, catching it and placing it on his arm afterwards.

There we saw the coin's tails was in front which means Sunset's team gets to serve first, making me gulp in slight fear.

F: "The match will begin soon." Flash told us, giving the ball to Sunset.

But before Sunset could even walk back to her side of the Court, she firstly gave me one last look which made the anger within me rage even more.

Ss: "Make sure to receive my serve with your hands, not your face. I dont wanna knock you out in my first serve."

Rd: "Don't worry, I will.." I replied in slight confidence, walking back to my side after.

Now that both teams are ready and waiting for Flash's word. I quickly scouted the area, looking for the possibility where the ball could land.

Since this is only a 2v2 competition, its gonna be even more difficult cause I have to receive all of Sunset's deadly spikes without them knocking nor slamming directly to my head.

As soon Flash finally blew his whistle, Sunset quickly stepped backwards before throwing the ball into the air, doing her 3 step approach and jumping at the right time with such height to slam the ball with hard force with her right hand.

The ball then immediately flew directly at beside me. But when I was about to receive it, I didn't noticed that it already touched the ground, bouncing out of the court and landing on Rarity's head afterwards.

R: "Ouch! That hurt.. " Rarity pouted, throwing the ball back to Flash.

Pp: "HAHA! Do it again Sunset but this time hit Rarity in her face!"