28

Evelyn

"The first time?" Harry shouts back at him.

Oh no.

Harry is about to blow up and I don't think I am ready to witness it.

"What does he mean by the first time?" Harry's voice deepens, as his fist remains clenched, all his arm muscles are tensed up and I know this means he is getting extremely frustrated at this point.

Why does Noah feel the need to ruin everything? Why did he even decide to show up here tonight? He knew he would not be welcomed here, with or without Harry.

"Harry please calm down." I hold his arm, trying to pull him back, but the fact that Noah comes forward at Harry does not help at all. 

I just hope Harry remembers that Noah is an officer, which means he could easily frame and arrest Harry if he dares to even touch him with a finger. I'm sure he will not hesitate to use his power just to subjugate Harry.

"No Eve, you tell me exactly what he meant by that! Did he hurt you?" 

This is a sensitive topic for Harry, and I have known him long enough to know that he does not tolerate any form of violence against women. Probably because of what his mother has been through in the past, he is very protective. He never told me what they have been through, but I have read it on their file, but I never brought it up, it would be very disrespectful of me.

But right now Harry can't lose his mind.

"It's not worth it Harry, please listen to me." I almost beg not wanting these two to start a fight.

"No, let him do it. I think he probably just misses spending a night behind bars, right?" I roll my eyes at Noah's statement. 

Why is he assuming things about Harry?

"Harry please..." I almost beg reaching out for his hand, feeling him relax almost immediately as soon as I touch him. His clenched fist relaxes, opening his hand to receive mine. I intertwine our fingers, and I notice Noah's stare on our hands together. 

Maybe I shouldn't have done this in front of Noah, but I needed to find a way to calm down Harry. Noah just stares at us with a disgusted expression, visibly angry at what he is witnessing.

Before he could say anything else, I see Chloe approaching us through the crowd that had gathered around us, with a club security following behind her. I don't know if he will convince Noah to leave, but I hope he does. The last thing I want is to ruin Chloe's birthday.

Noah sees the tall security approaching us and realize immediately what is going to happen. As much as he is a police officer, he also doesn't want to ruin his name so early in his career. 

"I hope you two are very happy while it lasts." He threatens. "Because it will end eventually. You couldn't be more different., total opposites" Noah takes a step in my direction, causing Harry to place his arm in front of me, in a reflex.

"One day you will crawl back begging for me Evelyn, that day is very close to happening." He says to me before turning to Harry. "And I will catch you, I will find what you are up to and I will lock you up." 

 Noah stumbles when the security holds him by the arm, and he tried to release himself from his grip. "Let me go. I can leave on my own feet."

"The next time you threaten Evelyn, you will wish you weren't even born." Harry mutters under his breath, but loud enough everyone around us can hear.