S 06

Tobio stood in an empty gym with a ball in hand. Beyond the net stood a small pet bottle. The black-haired setter threw the ball up and did a jump serve— aiming towards the pet bottle.

Seconds before the ball was about to hit the bottle, Shouyou swooped in and received the ball— making it bounce to the mezzanine. The said boy tumbled back as soon as the ball made contact with his arms.

"Hey! Get out of the way, boke Hinata boke! That could've hit!" Tobio yelled.

"I got it," Shouyou said, doing a kip up. "I got it."

"You didn't get it, boke!" Tobio said with a raised voice. "You hit a home run!"

"I'll go get it," Shouyou said, walking towards the mezzanine.

"Idiot," said the black-haired setter as he grabbed another ball.

Once again, Tobio served the ball and targeted the bottle. Before it could hit it though, another person stood in front of it and received the ball. This time, the ball went up but it still wasn't the receive that was aimed to happen.

"Damn. So close," You said, straightening up.

"[Last Name]! Why did you do that? I almost had it again!" Tobio yelled, again.

You grinned at the setter and held up a peace sign.

"Sorry, Kageyama. I wanted to see if I could do a better receive! So? How was it?" You said.

"It's.....better than before," Tobio said in a softer voice now.

You smiled at him as you headed to pick up the ball you had received.

"Alright," You said, walking. "I won't go receive your serve this time."

You chuckled a bit as you bent to pick up the ball— also hearing the sound of another serve being made. When you turned around, you were just in time to witness Tobio's serve getting received again. But this time, it was a different kind of receive.

It looked perfect.

You stood in shock at the accuracy the person showed as Shouyou walked in an awkward manner towards the said person.

And in casual Shouyou style, the first sentence he said to this person was,

"Y-You're....shorter than me?"

"Huh?! Hey, what did you just say?" the unknown person asked with an unpleasant face.

"I-I'm sorry!" Shouyou exclaimed.

You giggled as you walked towards the two.

"Um..," the orange-haired boy said. "How tall are you?"

"I'm 159 centimeters," the person said, proudly.

"I'm 160.87 centimeters!" You said with an upbeat tone.

".87?" asked the person with the blond streak in front of his hair.

"Yep!" You said, smiling. "Every last point matters!"

"I like you!" the person said, laughing.

You laughed as well, enjoying the vibe of the person.

"Hey! Noya-san," Ryunosuke said, walking inside the gym along with Daichi and Koushi.

"Hey, Ryu!" Yu replied, swinging his gakuran over his shoulder.

"Nishinoya," Daichi and Koushi greeted in unison.

"Hi!" the shortest boy replied.

"Let me introduce you," Daichi said. "This is Nishinoya, a second year."