S 17

"I don't know," You said as Yu softly pushed you from the back. "Noya-senpai?!"

"What are you so worried about?" he asked. "You can't always receive the ball, you know? That doesn't make you less of a libero if you fail to save one ball."

"But..."

You were pretty confident in your actions as an agent and you take pride in calling yourself a great one. But this situation? You're not an agent to them. You're a teammate they're counting on– a teammate who's stats is basically at a low level at the moment.

You never got scared of stepping up and doing your work as an agent because your actions are in the dark and only those involved knew about it. This one though, you had an audience— many of which are strangers.

As a member of the team, you also carry the title of your school and you didn't want to cause any bad reputation— related to being an awful player— to latch itself on the team's already fallen image.

"Noya-san."

"You got this, Shin."

You looked at Yu who looked back at you with a wide smile.

"I'll try not to let you down then," You said.

"Second set is starting," someone said.

You grit your teeth as you took a deep breath.

"I really hope I don't eff this up," You mumbled to yourself.

●○●○●○●○●○●○●○●○●○●○

The whistle is blown and it's Tobio's serve.

"Nice serve, Kageyama!" Daichi shouted.

A service ace by Tobio.

Your eyes widened in awe as you watched the ball hit the floor without anyone even trying to receive it.

An ace after another. Tobio ended up garnering five straight points for the team all with his service aces.

'Shouyou is right. Kageyama is really cool.'

For Tobio's sixth serve in a row, the ball bounced off the person who tried to receive it. It wasn't a clean receive but it was enough for their number 1 to get the ball to one of their spikers.

Once again, it was Hayato— Daichi's old schoolmate— who ended up getting the last ball. Because of the way the ball was set, Hayato and Daichi ended up doing a joust— which Karasuno won.

The point, however, was given to Tokonami because of the net violation.

Even if it was the other team who got the point, you couldn't help but smile a little at how enthusiastic they were over that point they got.

Once their team served and the ball went to your team's side of the court, you were able to receive it with ease.

"Nice receive, Shin!" shouted someone outside the court.

It didn't take much for you to know who it was. Just from the tone and the way they called you? You had no doubts it was your ever-supportive second-year libero, Nishinoya Yu.

As Tobio set the ball towards Daichi, you smiled at Yu.

A small thanks of some sort.