P 02

The night before, Shouyou and Tobio had apparently asked— begged— Kei to help them with studying. Once the orange-haired boy told you that, you couldn't stop snickering while imagining how it went down.

"Kageyama had to shout," Shouyou said.

"Between the two of you, Kageyama really has higher pride," You said, walking beside the boy as you both looked for Kiyoko. "Oh, there she is."

"Shimizu-senpai!" Shouyou shouted, running to her. "I found someone in another class that's not in a club yet."

"Thanks!" Kiyoko said, grabbing the papers the first-year was handing to him.

"Yes, no!" Shouyou said.

You chuckled as you stopped walking— finally catching up to your friend.

"Hello, Shimizu-senpai," You said, bowing.

"Hi [Last Name]," she replied.

Kiyoko smiled as she looked at the effort Shouyou had put into helping her. You saw the boy get flustered by it.

"U-Um," Shouyou said. "Doing a manager's job by yourself must be hard, right? I'll do whatever I can as a first-year to help."

"We third-years are going to be gone after the next tournament," Kiyoko said. "Watching all of you grow stronger, I thought again about what may happen next year and the year after that. I have to make sure I do my job properly."

"I-I'll help!" Shouyou said.

"Me too," You said, smiling.

"Thanks, but you should focus on studying," Kiyoko said. "That and practice of course. Everyone's counting on the ultimate bait and the upcoming guardian."

"Right!" Shouyou exclaimed.

You chuckled a little. "I'd be more than willing to give a little more help, Shimizu-senpai."

"Alright, if you really want to," Kiyoko said, handing you some of the flyers. 

"I can ask around for you while you go to the person Shouyou found," You offered.

"Okay," she said. "Thank you, [Last Name]."

As Kiyoko went towards the class of the person Shouyou said wasn't in a club yet, you headed towards the other direction with flyers in your hands. 

You started humming while walking. However, you were interrupted when someone suddenly appeared in front of you when you reached one of the corners.

"[Last Name]!"

"Takayama!" You said, a little shocked that he jumped in front of you.

"What are you doing?" Orochi asked as he glanced at the papers in your hands.

"Just helping our manager with some work," You replied.

"Oh! Can I come with you?"

"Sure?" You said. "But, it's not gonna be entertaining."

"That's fine!" the red-haired boy asked.

"Okay," You said, continuing your walking.

"What have you been up to recently?" Orochi asked.

"Not much," You said, looking forward. "Just practicing with the team."

"It must be fun."

"I guess it is," You said with a small smile.

"You must be pretty excited for-"

"Takayama?" You said, as you turned to Orochi who suddenly stopped talking.