E 17

"How long do you need again?" You asked.

Seven was in the back of the van with his laptop out and his knees criss-crossed.

"Just five minutes~"

His voice's tone was his usual one but his eyes immediately sharpened when he started focusing on his work.

You walked to the front of the van where Four and Five sat who were also just waiting for the blue-haired boy to finish getting into the system, something he himself had given contributions to help strengthen it.

The four of you were parked within a very close proximity from the back of the main building for the agency.

The night before, Hayato and Maeko had offered to go with you four. You refused though. The two already decided to leave behind their lives as an agent and you didn't want to drag them in it, especially when it could easily go wrong.

To avoid the couple following you and the others, the group left around five in the morning and headed to the Miyagi Prefecture branch building you worked in to grab T's van. With Five being tall, many often mistook her as someone older. She also had a fake ID that came with her regular missions.

With that, Five was the one who drove the van all the way to the main buiding.

"And I'm in," Seven said.

"Do they know?" You asked, walking to the boy.

"Not yet. But they might soon enough," he answered, biting his lip. "I'm the best in our branch but this is the main one."

"And we don't actually know who's aware of Zero's plans and is on board with it," Four said.

"Exactly," Seven said.

You glanced at your wristwatch and read the time out loud.

"9:20 am," You said.

"Found him," Seven shouted.

You crouched down and stared at the laptop screen.

"Oh my," You said, covering your mouth. "What did they do to Three?"

Since the footage was only from the security cameras, it wasn't as clear as you wanted it to be. But you could see that Maki was tied down to a chair and he looked absolutely tired.

Four walked towards the two of you and took a glance at the screen, covering her mouth as well.

"Is he still...."

"Don't worry. If he's not alive then they wouldn't have had any reason to keep him there," Seven said, answering Four's question.

"How about T?" Five asked.

"Oh she's there too," Seven said, switching to a different room.

"She looks better," Four commented.

"But not okay enough," You said.

"Three's gonna be harder to bust out. He's one level lower than where T is," Seven said, informing the three of you.

"Where is he?" You asked.

"Sub-5."

Sub-5 meant it was five levels lower than the ground level and it was placed as such for things like gathering information from people or— although rarely— punishment for the agents.

"I'll be the one to go there," Five said.

Four turned towards the taller girl with wide eyes.

"Five..."