R 09

"Hey, hurry up!" Daichi said, motioning the three of you— the smallest ones— to come join the team huddle.

"Yeah!" You shouted along with Shouyou and Yu.

The three of you jumped on the team, causing everyone to fall to the floor. You, Shouyou, and Yu bursted into laughter. Shouyou sat up as soon as he was able to while you and the other libero remained on whoever you jumped on. Unintentionally, you ended up tackling Kei.

You smiled at the blond, still laughing, while he just looked away.

"We fell over!" Yu shouted, laughing.

"Oops!" You said.

"You're way too worked up!" Ryunosuke said, sitting up.

"Hinata, boke! Boke!"

●○●○●○●○●○●○●○●○●○●○

"Alright," Keishin said. "Get your things and head straight to the gym for a meeting."

"Right," the team replied with a tired tone.

With that, the team started walking to the gym.

"You totally drooled," Tobio said to Shouyou. "Gross."

"My drool isn't gross!" Shouyou said.

"Why is that the topic now?" You mumbled.

"Oh, they're back."

You faced forward and looked at the third-years who used to be members of the volleyball club for girls.

"Congrats on making it to the finals!" Yui said while running towards the team.

"Oh, Michimiya," Daichi said. "How did you know?"

"They just announced it on the school announcements," the former captain answered. "That's amazing! The face that you were able to beat Seijoh and made it to the finals is just.... is just.... amazing! It's insane!"

"Your lack of vocabulary is insane," Mao said.

"Wait, what happened to your face?!" Yui asked. "That bruise!"

"Yeah... It happened at the match today," Daichi said, touching his cheek. "It looks a lot worse than it actually feels."

"I see," Yui said.

"Hey, boys' volleyball team!"

Everyone turned to the school and looked at all the students shouting from the open windows, congratulating the team.

"Wow," You mumbled.

You've spent a great deal of your life living in the shadows. You've done many things for the sake of the common good and yet you were never praised by a crowd for it.

Now, here you were, standing with a team who just won a match and is being praised for it.

"It feels nice," You mumbled.

You looked at where you'd see your class and saw Sakiko looking out. You waved your hand and smiled a little at the boy.

'That's one more person I wouldn't be able to properly say goodbye to.'

●○●○●○●○●○●○●○●○●○●○

"Tomorrow, we're going to be challengers again," Keishin said. "Let's turn the tables on them."

"Right!"

"The fallen powerhouse. The flightless crows. There's no one to call you that anymore," Ittetsu said. "Birds with the wind in their wings are flying across the great blue sky right now. And all of you should be able to make it! To the highest limit, to the farthest limit! Now, everyone. The time has come! Let's win tomorrow and make it to nationals!"