S 10

You intertwined your hands together as you positioned to a receiving stance.

"One more! Give me another!" Shouyou shouted to Tobio.

"Shut up! I know that," Tobio said. "Here goes!"

"Yeah!"

You chuckled at the sight of the duo who were beyond the net. 'Noisy as always.'

Tobio tossed the ball to Shouyou. The moment the ball left his palm, you took a deep breath in.

"Ah!" You said when the ball hit your arms and went towards the net.

'Damn. That was strong. But I can take it!'

"Uwah! [Last Name]! That was a good receive!" Shouyou complimented.

"Thanks!" You replied with a smile.

"Gosh! That feels good!" the orange-haired boy said, referring to his spike.

Your eyes travelled to one of the entrances of the gym.

'Asahi-san?'

You smiled, even though the third year wasn't looking at you.

'Maybe our ace will be back sooner than I expected.'

●○●○●○●○●○●○●○●○●○●○

"C-Coach? Is this true?" Daichi said, approaching Keishin who Ittetsu had just announced as the temporary coach— only until the Nekoma match apparently.

"But this is the guy from Foothill Store," Ryunosuke pointed out. "He's really a coach?"

"He's a senpai to all of you," their club advisor said."He's the grandson of Director Ukai."

"What?!" reacted most of the team.

'Who is Ukai?'

"But that's not the name on your store," Shouyou said.

"The store's named after my mother's side of the family," Keishin explained. "We got no time to waste. Let's get started. I want to see what you guys are made of. The game will start at 6:30 pm. The opponents have already been invited."

"Huh? Opponents?" Daichi asked.

"The Karasuno neighborhood association team."

●○●○●○●○●○●○●○●○●○●○

It was almost 6:30 and you were all practicing on your receives— your favorite training.

You were in front of Daichi, who was complimenting you whenever you do a good receive.

"Looks like you're getting better at a fast pace," the captain commented.

"I just adapt quickly," You said, smiling.

You heard the ball bounce off to near the entrance. With a quick glance, you saw someone who you assumed was around the age of your coach.

After that, more unknown men entered the gym.

"I think they're here," You mumbled.

"The team Neighborhood Association is here," the four of them said.

"Cool! They look like the Power Rangers or something with their tracksuits," You commented.