S 22

One point. A single point means a lot when you look at it. The set point wouldn't be a set point without the other points made before.

Still, there's this different effect on having to hit the ball for the final point and successfully claiming the set. The rush of joy in finally ending the match with your own spike is completely incomparable to other times you spiked.

Then, there is also a completely different kind of disappointment in spiking against a team in their match point— not only set point but match point. It takes only a second for the ball to bounce from the blocker's palm and hit the ground. It, however, takes longer to register that the point has been made and the set has been wrapped up.

And Karasuno lost to Aoba Johsai. 31 to 33.

You watched as the ones inside the court looked down. Your eyes filled with worry for your orange-haired friend.

"Let's go," Koushi said, asking the ones benched to line up.

You ran towards the court and knelt in front of Shouyou who was still trying to process the last point. You looked at Tobio who was doing the same as well.

"Shouyou," You said, softly grabbing his arms at both sides. "Shouyou, stand up."

Still, he didn't listen.

"Captain," You said, calling out to Daichi.

"Hinata, Kageyama, we need to line up," the captain said.

Finally, Shouyou seemed to have snapped out in his trance and looked at Daichi.

"Captain," Shouyou said, turning to Daichi. "I'm sor-"

"That wasn't a mistake," Daichi said, cuttin off Shouyou. "It wasn't a mistake so don't apologize."

"Come now, Shouyou. Let's line up," You said, helping your friend stand up.

Once you were all in a line, your team faced Aoba Johsai's and bowed.

"Thank you very much!"

After shaking hands with them and talking to their coach, the Karasuno team then lined up to thank those at the stands watching.

"Round up!" Daichi said.

Everyone started to jog towards Keishin, Kiyoko, and Ittetsu.

"Um- that lost block," Shouyou started.

He was immediately taken over by the entering along with loud shouts of one of the teams who was going to play next.

"We need to clear out immediately," Keishin said. "The next team's warm-up is starting. We'll start our cool down upstairs or outside. Seijoh will be going to the quarterfinals after a short break."

You walked beside Shouyou as the team walked out of the court.

"Shouyou," You mumbled. It was so soft that he probably didn't hear it. Or maybe he ignored to hear it.

'I don't know what to say.'

You chose to stay silent for the mean time. Sometimes, that's what a person needs.

●○●○●○●○●○●○●○●○●○●○

Different meals were laid in front of you and your team. You sat right between Yu— to your right— and Kei— to your left.

"Sorry Ma'am for coming in right before you open up," Keishin said.

"Don't worry," said the owner of Izayaka Osuwari. "This used to happen all the time."