P 17

"So that's what we're facing, huh?" You said, looking at the two-meter guy from Kakugawa.

You looked at Kei then looked at the guy from Kakugawa then looked at the blond again.

"If you're gonna day something, just say it," Kei said.

"Tsukishima, are you shorter than him?" You asked, referring to the tallest member of Kakugawa.

"You're one to talk about height," Kei said.

"I'm a growing person!" You exclaimed.

"A little delayed at it, aren't you?" the blond teased.

"I hope every entrance you have to go through is lower than you so you have to bend to enter," You said.

"Start talking when you reach the top shelf of the club room," Kei said.

"You-"

"You two are nice friends, aren't you?" Koushi said getting between you two.

You huffed and crossed your arms and looked at the others who were eating a banana.

"I want a banana too," You said, walking away to grab one.

●○●○●○●○●○●○●○●○●○●○

When Shouyou saw the tallest member from Kakugawa up close, he freaked out. So, to help ease him a little, you already went ahead and dragged him to the bathroom so he could wash up.

"You good?" You asked, as the orange-haired boy wiped his face with a towelm

"A litlle better now," Shouyou said.

"Don't be intimidated too much by his height," You told him. "You'll do fine. After all, you're Shouyou."

"Thanks Shin," Shouyou said, with a grin.

"No prob," You said, smiling. You patted your jersey shorts before remembering you didn't have pockets. "Do you have a watch or something?"

"No, why?"

"I was just wondering what time it was," You said. "I don't have my phone with me right now. How about you?"

"My phone has this weird thing going on so I left it at home until I can get it fixed," Shouyou said.

"What happened to your phone?" You asked.

"I don't know," the orange-haired boy said, shrugging. "The screen turned blue when I opened it and then it went to black and now it won't open."

Your attention went all towards how his phone acted up. At first, you thought that maybe it had been just a little coincidence. But then again, maybe it wasn't.

"What?" You said, a little surprised.

"Now that I think of it, it's like when those computers went off during that class," Shouyou said, tapping his chin. "You still weren't there though. I think it was a week before you transferred."

"Who had access to your phone when that happened?" You asked.

"Well, it happened around the training camp but no one really touched it," Shouyou said as he recalled what happened. "Maybe it was my sister?"

"How about in school? Did you lend it to someone before the camp?"

"I don't remember giving my phone to anyone," Shouyou said.

"Oh," You said, a little bummed that you didn't have a lead.

"Oh! Wait a minute," Shouyou said, hitting his left hand's palm with his closed right fist. "I remember lending it to Takayama the day before the week-long camp because he had to contact his mother. I think he said his phone was drained or something?"

You blinked twice before muttering, "Takayama?"

"Yeah!"

"The incident with the computer, what happened then?" You asked. You knew the details, but you were wondering if maybe some were missed.

"I remember getting a little creeped out when it happened. It just suddenly turned blue like boom then black then it had to be replaced," Shouyou said.

"What were you doing with the computer for it to turn like that?" You asked.

"Honestly, nothing! Sensei was giving instructions but I tuned out for a second then I didn't know what to do so I asked for help."

"Help?" You asked. "From who?"

"I was pretty sure Takayama offered before I could even ask," Shouyou said. "He grabbed my mouse and did the thingies Sensei said but then it happened. The screens turned blue then black then whoosh they go replaced."

'Oh gosh.'

You grabbed your towel and headed to the door.

"I gotta go!" You said, leaving the bathroom.

"W-What?"

You jogged to where the team was and looked for a certain blond

"Tsukishima!" You shouted, jogging to him.

"What?" Kei asked

"Where's my bag?" You asked. "I left it with you, right?"

"On the floor, beside everyone else's bag," Kei answered.

"Thanks," You said, crouching down before opening your bag and searching for your personal phone.

As soon as you did, you closed the bag, stood up, and ran to a less crowded area. Once you found a place that had almost no people, you opened your phone and rang Maki.

"Hello?"

"I found it," You said.

"What?" Maki asked, a little confused.

"The sunshine, what else?" You told him.

Previously, you and Maki had discussed some short codes to say in case of an event. The sunshine being found meant only one thing— evidence backing up Shouyou had appeared.

"Really?"

"Mm," You said.

You heard footsteps and was ready to tackle anyone until you saw it was just Kei. Before he could even say anything, you stood on your toes and covered his mouth.

"If that's the case, get back here as soon as possible," Maki told you

"Got it."

You didn't take long to end the call and step away from the blond.

"Did you have to do that?" Kei asked

"I just didn't want you making any noise," You said, turning off the phone's screen. "Anyway, why are you here?"

"Daichi-san was looking for you," Kei said.

"Aww, you looked for me?" You teased.

The blond clicked his tongue before saying, "I got told to."

"I can't though. I need to go," You said. "Like now."

"And?" Kei said.

From the short time you two had talked, he already knew you had something more to add.

"And I need you to tell the team there's a family emergency for me so I have to go," You said.

"Family emergency," Kei repeated, not believing it at all.

You just shook your head a little before walking  away.

"Aren't you going to get your bag?" Kei asked.

"I'm leaving that to you!" You said. "I'll get it from you later, okay? Send me a text when you get back to the campus!"

You started running away from the building. From what Kei remembered, the venue was around an hour from Karasuno and your house was thirty minutes away from Karasuno.

"Does he even have money with him?" Kei wondered. "Whatever, he can handle it."