R 02

It was the second match already and Karasuno was in the lead by four points against Johzenji— 23 to 19.

"Hinata! Give 'em one more!" Ryunosuke shouted.

You watched from the side as the ball made its way back to Karasuno's side of the court. For the first set, you joined the starting team as their libero. Yu took over the second set, as requested by you.

You looked at Tobio with a huge smile on your face as he tossed the ball towards Shouyou. The orange-haired boy spiked the ball but before it could hit the empty space he saw, Yuuji, the Johzenji captain, received it and brought it up.

"I see," You mumbled. "Their play is to touch the ball."

The #9 of the Johzenji spiked the ball and ended up bouncing off of Ryunosuke's arm. While the Johzenji team rejoiced, Shouyou looked at them with an irritated face.

"Shouyou! Don't make that ugly face!" You shouted before laughing out loud.

"I'll win the next one!" Shouyou shouted.

"Hinata," Dacihi said, walking to the small middle blocker. "Isn't there a move you haven't done yet today?"

Shouyou looked at the captain, a little confused.

"Your new special move," Daichi said, grinning.

You watched Shouyou light up like a kid who just got ice cream.

"Yay!" he shouted.

●○●○●○●○●○●○●○●○●○●○

"Nice receive!" Daichi shouted.

"Go, Hinata!" Ryunosuke shouted as Tobio tossed the ball again to the orange-haired boy.

The Johzenji team stood far away from the net — their plan was to receive Shouyou's spikes instead of blocking them. That was their way of countering the middle blocker's spikes. So when Shouyou ended up doing a feint, the other team failed to save it.

Shouyou looked at Daichi with a wide smile that the captain returned with a thumbs up.

"All right!" You shouted. You looked at the scoreboard and grinned. "Match point!"

"Just one more," Tadashi mumbled.

"Yeah," You said, watching your team serve.

Once the ball went over the net, the Johzenji libero received it. As it made its way to the setter, the other four members started moving at the same time.

"Another synchronized attack?" You said. "To do something during a tournament that you haven't even had the polish, that takes some guts.... or is the right word stupidity?"

"Be careful! That one isn't like before!" Keishin shouted.

Your eyes widened when you saw the Johzenji captain successfully hit the ball. Daichi failed at blocking it and no one else was at the spot to receive.

"Oh no," You said.

You sighed out loud when the ball hit the floor— relieved that it had crossed the line, giving your team the point. After that, the whistle was blown and Karasuno was announced as the winner.

"All right!" You said, running to your team.

You jumped towards Shouyou, making him lose his balance and fall on his butt. After that, you grabbed him by his shoulders and shook him over and over.

"You were so awesome!" You shouted as you continued to shake him.

"T-Thank you!" he said. 

"[Last Name], you should probably stop now," Koushi said, chuckling.

"Okay!" You said, letting go of your friend.

You looked at Kei and gave him a wide smile. 

"You were good too!" You said.

"Thanks," the blond said, looking away— making you giggle.

You glanced over the whole team and took a quick breath out, the smile never leaving your face.

"Quarterfinals," You mumbled. "I'm excited." 

●○●○●○●○●○●○●○●○●○●○

"You did it!" Hitoka shouted, running towards you and the team.

"Yeah!" Ryunosuke said, jumping with his hands raised.

"Yeah!" Yu followed up, jumping with his hands raised as well.

"E-Eekyay?!" Hitoka said, raising her hands as well.

Chikara grabbed the two second-years by their shirts, holding them up.

"You both doing a jumping high-five at her is a bit much," Chikara said.

Ryunosuke and Yu looked at the black-haired second-year and said, "R-Right...."

Chikara dropped the two so they could give the blonde manager a high-five.

"Yay!" Ryunosuke and Hitoka said, doing a double high-five.

"Yay!" Hitoka said again, but this time with Yu.

"Yay!" Chikara said as he and Hitoka did a high-five as well.

Daichi watched the four of them with a smile.

You stood between Shouyou and Kei, helping with the volleyball cart. While you along with the rest of the first years exited the court, Takanobu Aone walked towards Shouyou and end up surprising him.

 "I'm going to stop you tomorrow," Takanobu said.

"They have to stop Aoba Johsai first though," You said. "That in itself is gonna be a hard one too."

Shouyou looked at him with a shocked expression and wasn't able to respond. Only when the tall second-year started walking away was when the orange-haired boy thought of something to say.

"And I'm going to get through!" Shouyou shouted.

Takanobu turned around and nodded before walking away.

"I want a rival too," You said, pouting.

"Idiot," Kei said, looking at you. "You can't look for a rival when you're gonna leave soon anyways."

"Aw," You said, the pout never leaving your face.

Meanwhile Shouyou started shouting, happy he was acknowledged by a tall opponent.

"Shut up!" Tobio shouted.

"I wonder if he was waiting just to tell Hinata that," Tadashi said.

"Probably," You said, giggling.

The attention was suddenly shifted to the court again when you heard the whistle.

"The game on court B's done?" Shouyou asked.

You, Shouyou, and Tobio ran back to the court.

"That would mean whoever won that game is our next opponent," Tobio said.

You looked at the scoreboard and saw that the team won with a six point lead and two straight sets. 25 to 19, Wakunan to Sensho.

"Wakunan," You mumbled.

"You can do it, Takeru!"

You and the two other first-years beside you looked at the stands to see who was cheering.

"You can do it, Takeru! Nice kill, Takeru!"

When you finally got a clear view of them, you realized just who they were.

"His family?" You asked. "Is that his mom carrying a baby?"

"Yeah!" shouted someone who you assumed was the person named Takeru.

"His family's here to cheer him on?!" Shouyou said.

"That's the team Ukai-san said we need to look out for before the Inter-High prelims, too," Tobio said.

"In order to fight Date Tech again, we need to beat them first!" Shouyou exclaimed.

"Mm," You said, grinning. "I can't for tomorrow."