S 21

The matches are won by the teams who get the two sets. The finals are where the matches become a best of five sets.

With only three sets, the stakes are higher. Whoever gets the first set will have the benefit because all they needed was to get one more. As for the team who loses the first set, they still have to fight for the last two sets.

You and the second year libero talked the night before and you told him that you'd rather get the first set than the second. 

Still, it didn't take away the pressure that came with how you were standing against a strong team at the moment.

Aoba Johsai [2-1] Karasuno

You took a deep breath as you watched Tooru serve. Once he hit the ball, you could see how it was coming right at you.

"Eh?!" You hear Koushi say. "He was aiming for [Last Name]?!"

Your eyes narrowed as you realized what the Seijoh captain was planning. 

'He's calculative. I like it. But if it's about calculations,-'

The ball started to curve instead of heading straight towards you. Within seconds, you shifted your position and leaned towards your right.

'-then I can face him head-on.'

The ball went up.

"Bring it!" Shouyou shouted as he ran to the side.

You felt a sudden chill, causing you to look around. Your eyes fixed on a certain captain who looked like he was in the middle of something important.

'Why does Oikawa-san have that look in his eyes?'

Tobio glanced to the other side before tossing the ball right into Shouyou's palm.

"Alright!" The duo said.

"Well done!" Daichi said, patting you on the back. 

"Thanks, Daichi-san!" You exclaimed.

"Do that one more time," the captain said.

As the match continued, you felt the same chill earlier and traced it back to Tooru.

'He knows something. What does he know?'

Soon after, he called for the coach to ask for a timeout with just the points at 04 to 03 and Aoba Johsai in the lead.

'What?'

You headed towards the bench as the others did.

"Could it be that they've already figured it out?" Koushi asked.

"I'm afraid that's the case," You replied before drinking.

"Damn it, that was fast," Tobio said.

"What do we do?" You asked. "Should we stop using it?"

"Let's wait a little," Koushi said. 

"Okay."

●○●○●○●○●○●○●○●○●○●○

You grit your teeth as you realized that Tobio was already panicking inside. You, yourself, were already feeling down with all the balls you failed to save.

'If we don't fix this, it'll make things really hard.'

Aoba Johsai [20-11] Karasuno

Tobio was asked to step out for a while.

You could watch the look on his face as he walked towards the bench. You wanted to comfort him a little bit but you were also starting to feel defeated as well and you didn't know what to say.