R 07

You grinned as you waited for the first serve for the match that was coming from none other than Tooru— whose serves always left you amazed.

Once the Aoba Johsai captain hit the ball, it went over the net in a fast pace. Daichi, being the one closer, received the ball. Seeing how it was Tooru's serve, it meant everything to stop him from serving the second time in a row.

You watched the ball go up and almost over the net. Yutarou—#12 — hit the ball that almost touched the floor if not for Tobio receiving it with his left arm.

"Nice, Kageyama!" Daichi shouted.

You smirked.

'Kageyama touched the ball first. They're probably thinking the toss is gonna be a weak one.'

You ran towards the line and jumped— narrowly avoiding it— then tossed the ball before your feet could touch the floor. The others moved as the ball went towards the person you set it for, the ace.

When Asahi spiked the ball, it hit the floor immediately, giving your team the first point.

"Alright!"

You looked at Asahi with wide eyes and an open mouth, a little shocked it actually worked. The third year looked at you with the same expression.

"The ones who just did that are the most surprised about it?!" Koushi shouted.

You grinned widely and did a thumbs up towards Yu. For a moment, you also glanced towards Kei and changed your hand to a peace sign.

"Nice Asahi! [Last Name]!" Daichi shouted.

"Yeah!" Asahi said.

"Thanks!" You shouted.

Tobio walked to the edge of the court with a ball in hand.

"Kageyama, nice serve!" You shouted.

"One more!" Koushi shouted.

The serve Tobio did ended up giving Aoba Johsai their first point for the match.

"Don't mind! Don't mind!" Daichi said.

"So close! We'll get it next time!" Ryunosuke shouted.

Hajime, who was the one serving this time, hit the ball with a jump serve. Although he wasn't Tooru, you knew his serves weren't something easy to receive as well. When Asahi received it, the ball went up but it ended up going too long—almost going over the net.

"Sorry, Kageyama!" Asahi shouted.

"Hit it, Kunimi!" shouted someone from Aoba Johsai.

Before Akira could though, Tobio tapped the ball lightly towards Ryunosuke who spiked it.

"Tanaka, nice kill!" Daichi said while Ryunosuke was shouting.

"Thanks!" Asahi said to Tobio for being able to get the ball to the second-year even with that kind of receive.

"I'm surprised he got it in," Keishin said.

"Well done, Ryu!" Saeko shouted. "Love ya!"

"Hey Nee-chan, stop it!" Ryunosuke said, embarrassed.

You giggled at the sight of the second-year blushing because of his sister. Your laughing only grew louder when you saw Shouyou who looked like he was about to burst because of how much he wanted to hit a ball.

"Ma~ Ma~ The match has only started, Shouyou," You said.

Karasuno [06 - 05] Aoba Johsai