P 04

"Yachi-san, are you gonna be our manager?" Shouyou asked.

"Uh, um," Hitoka said, placing a hand on the back of her head.

"You will, right?" Shouyou said.

"Shouyou, don't force her," You said, pinching the boy on his arm.

"Hey, firsy-year girl, hey!" Yu said.

"Seriously," You mumbled.

"We hope that you will join the Karasuno High School volleyball team," Yu said.

"When you're around, Kiyoko-san talks a lot," Ryunosuke.

"What kind of invitation is that, you idiots?!" Daichi said, hitting the two on their head.

"Honestly, I hope these guys aren't gonna study Marketing because that convincing is just-" You sighed, not even finishing your sentence.

"Sorry these guys are so stupid," Koushi said to Hitoka.

"No, not at all!" the blonde said, shaking her head. "Um... I'm flattered."

"With that invitation," You asked in disbelief.

"I've never tried to do something on my own or had someone need me for anything," Hitoka said, "Even in drama club, I've only been an extra. Like Townsperson B or a tree."

"I like trees," You said. "If you get irritated, you can smack them with your branches."

"Eh?" Hitoka asked. "I-I never hit anyone with a branch!"

"I didn't say you did, don't worry," You said, smiling at her.

"A-Anyway, when Shimizu-senpai worked so hard to recruit a Townsperson B, like me, who has no experience or knowledge of volleyball, I was really happy," Hitoka said, "But I'm sure I'm not much-"

"I totally get how you feel," Ryunosuke said. "Even if Kiyoko-san said, I'm going to steal money from you, so follow me. I'd still follow her."

"You're so manly, Ryu!" Yu exclaimed.

"I don't think that's even- You know what, never mind," You mumbled, shaking your head a little.

"Uh, I think that's a bit different," Hitoka said.

"Sometimes," You started. "Even if you don't understand, you just let them be."

●○●○●○ Next Day ●○●○●○

You opened the door and chuckled at the sight. 

Shouyou and Tobio were both using a chair's seat as a makeshift table while Kei sat lightly on the top rail of the chairs while looking over the two. Tadashi also looked at the papers with a bent back and hand on his knees.

Yu and Ryunosuke sat on their legs— kneeling— while Chikara stood over them, arms crossed with a ruler in his hand. Koushi, on the other hand was chuckling. 

The said third-year glanced over the door and saw you.

"Oh? [Last Name]?" Koushi said. "I thought you went home already?"

"I'm gonna stay here for a while until the softball team finishes up. I'm waiting for Maki-nii," You said, smiling at him.

"I see," Koushi said. 

You bowed a little as you took off your shoes and stepped on the mat. You made your way towards the first years and looked at what the two were writing.

"So, how are they?" You asked, looking at them.

"Pitiful," Kei answered.

You chuckled a little.