L I 04

You lifted up your sleeve— it went past your wrist— a little bit so you could glance at your wristwatch and check the time.

"If you keep looking at your watch, I'm really gonna end up thinking that you don't want to be with me here," Hibiki said, chuckling.

Right now, the two of you were in one of the fast food chains near your house, WcDonald's. You took the table with the four seats and sat in front of him.

"You noticed only now? Uh, damn. Seems like my passive aggressiveness isn't working that well then," You said, smiling at him as you brought your sleeve back down.

"Certainly didn't miss that," Hibiki said as he grabbed his drink and took a sip.

"Aww," You said, pouting. "Hibiki didn't miss me?"

"I never said that," the black-haired boy said, putting down his drink. He cleared his throat before changing the subject. "Anyways, you're one week in in your school year, right?"

"Yeah," You said, nodding.

"How is it?"

"Well, it's okay," You said, shrugging. "What more can you say about school, right?"

"That's true," Hibiki said with a chuckle.

"How about you? How's Fukurodani for you?" You asked.

"Same sentiments, I guess." He leaned back on his chair and smiled at you. "Joined a martial arts club, by the way."

"Not surprised," You said, smiling at the boy.

You felt your phone— that was on the table— vibrate, catching your attention. You glanced at the notification and smiled.

"Was it him?" Hibiki asked.

Your head darted up, your eyes a little wide.

"Um." Your smile slowly broke out as your eyes looked down at the table. "Yeah."

"How's that part of your life by the way?" Hibiki asked.

"W-What?" You asked, surprised and confused with the question.

"How has he been treating you and you know, that."

You smiled and giggled before answering.

"He may not look like it but, he's sweet and caring. And surprisingly, very needy with affection in private," You said, the smile still on your face, "He's like a huge clingy teddy bear."

You remember that one time he went over to your house and you two just hung out at the couch while watching a movie. He ended up falling asleep with his arms around you and it felt like a huge pillow looming over you— comfy but also unusual.

"Well, he sounds like he's been good to you," Hibiki said with a smile. "And that's enough for me."

"I really wish we could've been closer to each other though," You said, pouting. "You living so far away makes it hard to plan things with you."

"I think it's better that way," the black-haired boy mumbled.

"What did you say?"

"Nothing," he said, shaking his head. "Anyways, I'm sorry I only got to catch up with you recently. Adjusting wasn't as easy as I thought it would be at first but it's also something that I had fun experiencing."

"I'm glad you don't regret anything," You said with a smile.

"You?"

"Hm? Me?" You tapped your chin. "I don't think I regret anything as well."