Chapter 35

Luke POV

"WHAT!!?" John yells, his aura flaring as he advances towards the Headmaster.

"John!" I roar, cutting him off, suffocating his aura with my own. "OUT OF MY WAY!" He yells, tackling me to the ground. I quickly roll us over before hauling John into a sitting position, placing myself behind him, my arm across his neck, holding him there. "John, calm down. You know me, you know Headmaster Vaughn. We're not your enemies. Think clearly. Breathe. Close your eyes." I direct in a soft voice. Following my instructions, John calms down.

"What do you mean, they're coming here?" John asks more calmly, sitting himself down. "I mean they are enrolling here at Wellston. They will be moving into the dorms over the weekend, I just thought that you should know they would be arriving before you see them across the hallway and cause a commotion." Vaughn replies. "In that case, thank you, sir. Would you like to stay for supper?" John asks. "No, thank you. I'd best be on my way. Keene wanted to talk to me about those criminals you brought to me." He says, exiting. 

"Well, that was eventful." I remark. "Disastrous is another suitable word." John responds angrily. "Hey, the worst thing is that we're going to have to go out in a couple days. In the meantime, you can find Claire and Adrion, and at least try to make things right." I say. "You're right, as usual." He responds. "On a side note, didn't you say dinner was ready?" I ask, suddenly becoming hungry. "Yeah. Afterwards, what do you say we spar a bit? I'm still pretty worked up from the news." He says. "Sure. As long as I get to eat." I reply as we sit down with our food.