Chapter 49

Sera POV

I was sitting down on my bed, my alarm clock on the floor, smashed to pieces. I had spent the better part of an hour trying everything I could to get my ability to work when I had had enough. I had lost my temper, and smashed the clock on the floor.

"Why won't it work???!!!!?!" I yell in frustration, bursting into tears. Suddenly, I hear a knock on the door. Looking up, I see Elaine pushing the door open, concern written all over her face. "Seraphina… is there anything I can do to make this easier for you?" She asks softly. "Not right now, Elaine. I just need some time." I respond dejectedly. 

"Don't be like that." A familiar voice says, causing me to look up. "John? What are you doing here?" I ask. "I'm here to try and cheer you up, of course." He says with a bright smile. "What do you want to do? You want to head down to Woaba Boba? You want to play something?" He suggests, trying to cheer me up.

"Actually, there is something I have in mind." I say, stopping my tears. "What is it?" John asks, desperate for a way to help. "Even when you were masquerading as a cripple, you managed to fight off some decently powerful mid-tiers." I begin. "So, what do you want me to do?" He asks. "I want you to teach me how to fight." I say after a pause.

"Alright." He says. "Thank you, John." I respond. "Alright, well, first things first, we'll need to get you a proper training outfit. So, we need to go shopping…" He says, somewhat hesitantly. "Alright, then. Let's get going!" I say more enthusiastically than I feel.

Timeskip

John POV

We exit the mall at around six, so we still have a few hours of daylight left. "Shall we get started?" Sera asks me as we head back. "Sure. I'll wait outside the girl's dorms for you." I say as she heads up to her dorm to get changed. This'll be fun… I say to myself as I lean against a wall to wait for Sera.

A few minutes later, she steps out of the building in the outfit we had just bought. "Alright, so what are we going to start with?" She asks.

2 hours later, we're wrapping up our training session. I had taught her the basics of punches and kicks, and had shown her a handful of useful combos, just in case she has to use them. 

"Thanks, John." She says, downing half a water bottle. "It's no problem. You're my best friend." I reply. "Then thank you for being my friend." She says. "I should get going." I say after a few minutes. "Bye!" Sera says, waving. "See ya!" I reply, waving back. I need to keep her safe. I say to myself, walking back to my house.

My POV
Hello! This is bonus chapter 3 of 6. I just wanted to add something to the uneventfulness of the previous chapter.

As always, I hope to see you all in the future!