Chi (Nishikata x Takagi)

"Here you go", said Nishikata, handing a sandwich to his wife. "Is there cheese on it?", asked Takagi. "Just like you asked."
Takagi frowned. "I asked for no cheese." Nishikata's jaw dropped. "But..." "But what?" Nishikata gave up. His wife was pregnant after all, so it was best not to piss her off. "Yes honey."
He went back to the kitchen to make another sandwich. When he took it to the living room, he saw Takagi eating the other sandwich. "What?! I thought you didn't want that one?!" Takagi giggled. "I lied."
Nishikata smacked his forehead. "She teased me again!"
Takagi's eyes then went wide. "Nishikata..." "If it's about the sandwich, just eat it." Takagi's expression didn't change. She looked at her husband, still with wide eyes. "My water broke." Silence hung in the air.
"Yeah, I'm not falling for that. Not this time." Takagi pointed at the spot she was sitting on. It was wet. It was now Nishikata's turn to have wide eyes. "Y-you're serious?!" "Yes I'm serious!" Nishikata quickly grabbed his car keys and helped his wife to the door as fast as he could. They had to pick up the pace when they were outside to get to the car.
Luckily it was night, so traffic wasn't an issue.
They finally arrived at the hospital. "Evening. How can I help you two?", asked the receptionist. "My wife's gone into labor!" The receptionist's calm demeanor changed to a frantic one as she called the doctors.
Takagi was rushed to a hospital room. Nishikata sat beside his wife holding her hand. "Okay, ma'am, I'm going to need you to push", said the doctor. Takagi complied, while squeezing Nishikata's hand. Luckily he did a lot of pushups, otherwise his hand would've looked like a stick.
After a few minutes, the baby finally came out. "Mr and mrs Nishikata, say hello to your daughter." The doctor handed the baby over to Takagi, who had small tears forming at the corners of her eyes. "What are we gonna call her?" Takagi thought for a bit. "Chi." "Chi? Why that?" "That's for me to know, and for you to find out." Nishikata ignored his wife's tease, for he was distracted by his beautiful daughter. "Welcome to the family, Chi."