What scares Maki (Kaimaki)

Requested by @MakiHarukawa158

Maki was sitting in her bedroom, brushing her hair. All was silent, until she heard the door creaking open. The assassin turned and saw that no one was at the door, so she continued brushing her locks.
Her brush then slipped out of her hand and fell to the floor. Obviously, she kneeled down to pick it up. As soon as she was risen up, a ghost was behind her. "BOO!"
Maki looked at the "ghost" with an unimpressed face. "Really, Kaito? A ghost?" Kaito removed the white sheet from himself. "Aww, come on, Makiroll! Everyone is afraid of ghosts!" "Yes. Ghosts. Not people wearing sheets over their heads."
For the last few days, Kaito has been constantly trying to scare his girlfriend. It all started when Maki said she was not afraid of anything. Kaito then vowed to do everything in his power to try and scare the assassin.
Has he succeeded? Answer: no.
"Did you get the groceries?", asked Maki. "Not yet. I'm going now", answered Kaito. He grabbed his jacket and kissed Maki's cheek. "See you soon."

Maki sat in the living room. She checked the clock. "Kaito's late. I swear, if he's planning something to scare me..." Maki's phone rang.
She picked it up to see the name Kaede flash across the screen.
"Hello?" "Maki!" "Geez, calm down. What is it?" "It's Kaito! He was in an accident! He's at the hospital now, so-!" Maki immediately hung up and dashed out the house, running to the hospital.

Kaito rested in his hospital bed, his leg and arm in a cast, while bandaids covered his face.
"Kaito!" The door swung open, and Maki jumped at Kaito.
"Whoa! Hey, Makiroll. Careful, I'm not exactly fit to be receiving tight hugs right about now."
"You idiot! Don't say that! I could've lost you!" Kaito's smile dropped after seeing Maki have tears in her eyes. He hugged the crying girl. "I'm sorry, Maki. It's okay. I'm right here."
Maki lifted her head and looked at her beloved boyfriend with a tear stained face.
"Remember when I said nothing scares me? Well, there is one thing." "And that is?" Maki hugged Kaito.
"Losing you."
Kaito was taken aback. He didn't think his girlfriend's fear would be something this serious. Nevertheless, he hugged Maki. "I'm not going anywhere. Promise." Maki looked at Kaito, and kissed him passionately.