Contractions

Christian's POV

"Happy birthday babe," Cassie said as she sat next to me on the bed. I opened my eyes and looked at her. She had a tray with my breakfast on it.

"Thank you babe," I said and kissed her. She rubbed my back and then gave me my food.

"So thirty?" She asked as we ate our food in bed together.

"Just felt like yesterday we were in Hawaii celebrating 29. 30 is going to be very interesting, it's the year I become a dad and settle down a little."

"I'm still in my party years. Looks like you'll be taking care of the kids," My jaw dropped and she laughed at me. "No I'm just kidding, we get to raise our kids together, and the babies and I will watch your games and support you."

"That sounds so fun, like there is going to be two mini Christian's running around."

"Well damn, now I really am going to have my hands full," She joked with me and I laughed.

"We for sure need to go on date nights a lot more often. My mom even offered to come to Milwaukee to help out at first so you don't have to be alone."

"My mom offered too. So they could switch off." I nodded and we finished our breakfast. "If I'm being honest, I didn't know what to get you."

"You don't have to get me anything. Just give birth to two healthy baby boys and that can be my gift," I said and let her sit on my lap.

"Let's just go out tonight," Cassie said and then we got up and started getting ready.

"I get to pick your outfit today," I told her as she walked out of the bathroom. I looked in her underwear drawer and seen a jewelry box. Me being the nosey person I am since I started hanging out with Cassie, I decided to pull it out.

As I opened the box, I seen a ring. "Christian what the fuck! Stop snooping," She took the box out of my hand.

"Is that my ring?" I asked and she nodded.

"I got it super fast because I thought we were eloping," She said and I tried getting the box back from her. "No no Mr. Yelich." She looked at my left hand and then back at the box. "Can we just elope with our siblings and parents?"

"If that's what you want, but you know your dad is going to be hard on us about it."

"Well we can go over and talk to them, it could be the first activity of the day."

When we got to Cassie's parent's place, I was already intimidated by her dad and felt like he was going to say no. "Happy birthday Christian," Her dad said as we walked in.

"Happy birthday," Her mom said after.

"Thank you," I said with a smile.

"So we have a question for you mom and dad," They put their attention on her and then she grabbed my hand, "Can we elope? We just want our siblings and parents there."

"No," Her dad said almost instantly, "I gave Christian the right to marry you with a ceremony and have all your family there."

"Dad that's not what either of us want," Cassie said.

"Well then if it's not what you want then you don't need to get married." It was quite awkward in the room now. We stayed there a little longer before we left.

"Well I don't care if they said no. If we want to elope, we will. He already gave you permission to marry me and he never gave us a specific way on how to get married."

"Cas I don't want to go against your father's wishes," I said and started driving. "Let's just not talk about it right now."

"So I was looking at things to do and I wanted to do a wine tasting thing but you made this happen so now we can't," Cassie said and I laughed at her.