Bonds through time part 2

Before this chapter starts, I put a video on top that talks about different types of abuse, how people react to it, types, how to help and so on. Since this story has mental health elements I will be putting these types of videos. 

Education is key to helping people with mental health issues and trauma !!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Alright...I'll take Elliott as my Padawan" Kanan said firmly as he stood in front of the Jedi

"Thank you, we do Jedi knight. Inform the youngling we shall shortly"Yoda spoke with a slight smile, he seemed to be relieved. It was quite clear that he himself was very worried about the Padawan, someone with so much potential could easily slip into darkness....

"Kanan you should go get ready to meet him." Mace Windu spoke as the brown haired man muttered "Thank you" bowed down to the Jedi council and went outside the room.

IN THE HALLWAYS OF THE JEDI TEMPLE...

As Kanan was walking, he could feel the fear building up in his chest from the whole situation. It was almost like someone was placing something heavy on it. As per usual, the Jedi knight started overthinking and anaylsing the situation. What would he say to the teen ? How would he speak to him..? The man's steps slowed down while he was in deep thought, thinking of every possible outcome. But then a voice brought him back to reality. It came from behind and Kanan turned around to see who it was. There stood Obi-Wan Kenobi with a slight smile on his face.

"Well thank you for stopping" Obi-wan spoke as he came closer to Kanan "I'm sorry, i was..thinking..."

"You're quite nervous, I can feel it. Elliott has been through a lot but you have to treat him with respect, patience and kindness, dont look at him as a lost puppy. He simply needs a guide" Kenobi said gently "He doesnt need someone to fix him, he needs someone to support him and be there for him"

Kanan listened to the Master's words carefully, mentally noting everything he said. Even though he still hasnt met the kid, he already slowly started caring about him.

"I would love to talk more but I have a mission with Anakin soon, if you wish you can seek more advice from our head doc. She can help"The Master Jedi said as he turned around and waved goodbye. Kanan was now alone in the hallways, again with his thoughts. He decided to head to the head doctor like Obi-wan instructed. With a linger of nervousness Kanan proceeded to the doctor...

A FEW HOURS LATER....

"Thank you so much for everything doc" Kanan said as he started heading towards the med-bay doors, turning back to the woman sitting on an office chair.

"No problem, if you need anything else I'm always here" The doctor answered softly waving at Kanan. They had just spend hours talking and discussing everything, the head doc might as well have taken the boy as her apprentice.

In a heartbeat, the brown haired man was once again in the hallways of the Jedi temple, walking forward without really knowing where he was heading. The doctor had told him in detail about Elliott's situation and what happened to him. His Master did unthinkable things and acts of violence towards him, everything from brutal training with harsh punishments to physical and mental abuse. Lucious (Elliott's master) did not show any kind of remorse, he was a disgusting vile man. Elliott had been through so much and it resulted in a lot of trauma. He was seeing a therapist on a weekly basis but it didnt seem to help and he didnt talk with the doctor that much. He remained a closed book and seemed to internelise his emotions..

Kanan felt so bad for the boy, he wished he could just make it all better in seconds but he knew it wasnt that simple...But at least now he had some basic knowladge of what happened to his Padawan and had already scheduled another talk with the doctor about what he should do. He wanted to educate himself even further. Still despite all of that he still felt nervous, what if he said something wrong or triggering ? What if he hurts the teen ? A lot of what ifs and unknowns faced him now....

Kanan thought about backing out..he was scared. He didnt want to hurt the boy in any way and his own inexprience terrified him. Maybe someone would be better for hi-

"Kanan Jarrus" A male voice brought Kanan back to reality. He turned around to the figure behind him, it was Mace Windu.

"Master" Kanan said as he nodded his head in respect.

"Elliott is in the common room area, we have informed him about you" The Master spoke gently. But Kanan felt his stomach drop in fear. His eyes widened as his breathing became uneven. He could feel himself starting to shake a bit. 

"....Kanan ?"The master called out..."Kanan ?"

The younger male still didnt respond, he was almost completely trapped in his thoughts, thinking of many possible ways this could go wrong but....he gritted his teeth and clunched his fists. He truely wanted to help in any way he could and he tried his best to push those negative throughts away. Kanan brought his head up saying 

"Thank you, I shall go meet him now"