A boy Named Ezra part 38

In front of the ship was Ezra. He was on the ground backing away and screaming at nothing.
Its like he was afraid of air.
The crew had worried and terrefied looks on their faces as Kanan slowly started approaching Ezra.
Ezra immedietly noticed him and looked at him. At first Kanan's image looked normal.
"K-kan-nan?"Ezra asked in a shaky voice
Then Kanan saw it. One of his eyes was a purple colour and it wasnt normal looking at all. Then all the sudden that eye started glowing.
And Ezra's face turned back into a scared and terrified one.
"Ezra, do you hear me?"Kanan asked as he slowly came closer.
Ezra's vision changed again. He didnt see Kanan as a normal person he saw him as a black shadow with two holes in its eyes. Just like before.
"Stay away.... Stay away from me! Y-You are not Kanan!"Ezra screamed and started backing away on the ground. He was too weak to get up.
"No Ezra, its Kanan, its really me, no one is gonna hurt you"Kanan said and came closer
"N-no! Get away! Please! S-Stop saying you are Kanan! YOU ARE NOT!" Ezra yelled and force pushed Kanan away from him.
"Kanan!" Hera and the crew screamed

"No stay back"Kanan said as he got back on his feet
"But-" Sabine started
"I said stay back!"Kanan said
"He used the dark side to push me this far. His mind and body are almost completely corrupted by darkness"Kanan said "So dont come any closer"
Ezra was still viewing Kanan like a monster thats coming to get him.
Kanan started getting close to Ezra again now a little faster cuz he knew he wouldn't have time before Ezra pushes him away again.
"Ezra listen to me, Its me.... its Kanan, okay me and the rest of the crew are here to bring you home"Kanan said
"No! Y-you are not Kanan! Stop lying!"Ezra said grabbing his head
Kanan then noticed that Ezra'ss other eye that was still left blue was starting to be purple just like the other. He knew he had no more time.
Kanan ran to Ezra and quickly pulled him in a hug, preventing the boy from seeing.
"Stay away!! Let me go! Let me go! Stop! Please stop!"Ezra was yelling and trying to break free but Kanan wouldn't move.
"Ezra. Im not lying to you"
"Remember the first time we met? You tried to steal my wallet"Kanan countinued still feeling the boy in his arms tensing up and shaking "Honestly then i never knew that just a bit of pick pocketing would lead to me caring so much about you"
"So please Ezra, let us help you, you are not alone anymore. You have a family and your family is right here...here to help you"Kanan said. Suddenly Ezra stopped fighting as his purple glowing eye was losing its glow....Only thing that was left was the color purple around the iris. Ezra looked in the direction of the crew. They were really there, wearing worried faces looking at him. Hera and Sabine crying.
And then Ezra took a better look at the man that was hugging him. A green shirt with brown pants,  a lightsaber on his belt and brown hair tied in a ponytail.
Ezra's eyes filled with tears as he hugged back Kanan and squeezed him so hard. It looked like he would never let go of him.
"Kanan.."Ezras eyes filled with even more tears.
"I-I missed you so much. Im so sorry about everything! Im sorry!"Ezra yelled
Kanan smiled, he had Ezra back
"It wasnt your fault..you have nothing to apologize for"Kanan said in a gentle voice
"...I love you dad" Ezra said quietly but just loud enough for Kanan to hear.
Kanan felt tears build up in his eyes as well
"I love you too son" Kanan said while letting the tears fall. Everyone was now either crying of happiness or smiling untill the point their cheeks hurt.

Then Kanan felt Ezra's grip weaken as the smaller boy fell more on his shoulder.
Kanan pulled back Ezra and saw that he lost consciousness.
Everyone ran towards them.
"Is he okay??"Sabine asked
"Yeah, just exhausted"Kanan said and got up from the ground carrying Ezra in his arms.
"Lets go back, he needs some rest"Kanan said
Hera nodded and they all went back to the Ghost.
While they were walking Kanan looked at Ezra and smiled, he looked like he was in a quite deep and peaceful sleep....