Day 39: The Will to Protect

-...Is your future totally grim? Have you hit absolute rock bottom, not a single way out of sight?

Y/N: Thank god it's over.

After that long ordeal, I immediately ordered the workers to gather the wounded ones and send them away, treatment needed above anything else. While doing so, most of the captains stood up and walked back to their own departments, done with their duties.

Alter Ego: *Sigh* I'm so tired right now.

Apparently, I wasn't the only one exhausted. Clutching her forehead, she mumbled to herself before leaning her head in my direction, placing it right on top of my shoulder.

Y/N: Hey no fair, I need the pillow too!

Alter Ego: *Chuckle* Fine.

She slowly moved her arm and gently reached for my direction. Grabbing my head, she lowered it and placed it on top of her legs with a playful smile, knowing exactly what she was doing but do I care? Not at all, I'm embarrassed but a pillow remains a pillow, I'll take it at this point.

BongBong: BongBong?

Standing right beside my chair, she looked down in our direction, her rifle in her hands. She glanced around, making sure that nobody was watching and once that was confirmed, she quickly took seat on my chair, placing my legs above hers.

Y/N: ...BongBong?

BongBong: BongBong.

Alter Ego: Normally, I would feel a little angry about the interruption but after what we went through, I don't have the energy to get mad. 

Y/N: I'm think I'm done for the day too... I just want to sleep.

Alter Ego: Hold tight.

Y/N: Huh?

Taking hold of my body, she stood up and began to carry me away like a bride at her wedding. It took me a moment to let the fact sink into my brain, my cheeks turning pink and my voice becoming much more feeble. 

Y/N: You don't... have to do that.

Alter Ego: Shh, just let it happen Y/N.

She responded with her usual smile, enjoying the sight. After that terrible and stressful day, I'll let it slide, she deserves it. I gave myself a single nod and turned my head to the door we were about to enter, Hava standing on the other side.

Y/N: ...

Alter Ego: ...

Hava: ...

Sensing my temperature dropping at a rather low level, I gulped down my saliva and awkwardly looked at the unexpected visitor. Time seemed to slow down while the 3 of us exchanged to each other silent stares.

Hava: Pfff- Finally realized that you're not the man of the relationship~?

Y/N: Shut up, I'm just tired.

Hava: Yea, right, that's not what you told me when you asked ME out.

Y/N: Look, can we not talk about that?

Alter Ego: I agree, I would rather not go to sleep in a terrible mood.

As far as I know, mentioning the past that should have been forgotten to her was a bitter pill to swallow. We all saw what happened when we pushed her buttons too far and the cup of coffee caught in the crossfire will not be able to tell that tale anymore.

Y/N: ...Oh wait, I just remembered something.

Alter Ego: Hm?

Moving myself out of her arms, I stood on my own feet and stretched my arms.