Day 24: Fight Under the Pretense of Love

-So she came up with this brillant idea!

-Eventually they will lose all Prudence and even forget how to exist

Y/N: ...I'm gonna be honest, this place is falling apart.

Alter Ego: Hm?

Y/N: 2 days in a row that nothing was working properly, they should really try to fix this as soon as possible.

Alter Ego: But at the same time, I don't really think they care. As long as we provide energy for them, they probably don't mind.

Y/N: ...The worst part is that you're probably right too.

Alter Ego: *Sigh* Don't worry, at least these errors didn't release the abnormalities.

Y/N: If that was the case then we wouldn't be here to-

???: Excuse me.

We both stopped and looked at each other with a frightened look when we recognized the voice calling us, a calm one yet still cold and filled with hidden intentions...

...Angela.

Alter Ego: Y-Yes?

Angela: ...

She slowly made her way to us and once she was right in front of me, she quickly glared at Alter Ego, even though her eyes were still closed before turning back her attention to me.

Angela: Y/N.

Y/N: ...

I didn't respond and she continued what she wanted to say.

Angela: We will soon have to renew a contract with company R and I will expecting your participation on the behalf of the employees.

Y/N: Company R? What kind of business do they want with us?

If I remember correctly, company R is mostly filled with mercenaries, all merciless and ready for destruction...

Alter Ego: Why Y/N?

She asked that question and Angela slowly shifted her gaze to her for a moment before answering her question... not really.

Angela: This doesn't concern you.

Alter Ego: ...

The girl beside me frowned at Angela and then... snapped?

Alter Ego: You know what? It is my problem! Do you think I don't see it? You're dragging him everwhere you want him to be without considering a single about his opinion, you don't even care, you want him under your control and that's it!

Y/N's mind: Damn, wasn't expecting Alter Ego to tell her that.

I looked back to my superior and saw her standing still but I could feel a bad aura forming around her... it seemed familiar somehow.

Angela: Fine, I will find someone else.

She walked past us and we both remained in the hallway for a moment before one of us spoke to the other person.

Alter Ego: ...I'm so dead, I shouldn't have said that.

Y/N: She was definitely angry but I'm sure it'll be fine.

In reality, I was also panicking, who knows what Angela could do and now that she seems attracted by me to the point of bossing me everywhere, I don't know what would happen.

Y/N: I think... let's go to sleep, the day was long enough.

We both did so and went to sleep, recovering for the next day. As I closed my eyes, I could still feel Angela's eyes piercing right through me in a casual manner...