Day 47: Struggle, Fatigue & Obsession

-But nothing could compare to the music it makes when it eats a human.

Completely surrounded by nothingness, the only sensation I could experience in this limbo was a cold breeze passing by me, the only anchor I had to reality. My figure frozen, I solemnly looked at the stretched out hand desperately trying to grasp the girl who ran at me, unable to accomplish its goal. Now, I remained motionless for what felt like an eternity, feeling my mind slowly rot away.

No, I suppose it's only my own wish making me think that. With that, I lowered my hand and turned around, heaving a sigh before taking my first steps. I had no destination in mind but I knew from the bottom of my heart that no matter where I would go, I would find it or rather it would find me.

Which is why once my feet landed on a coherent floor, my body surrounded by a familiar environment, my reaction was only to blink once. My mind still busy with other things, such as how the previous day ended, I kicked the floor below my feet, a faint trail of dust following that action.

???: You've seen for yourself what awaits you.

There she was, her calm voice reaching me like a soft song. I glanced down at the sleeves of my suit and gathered the courage to face her once more. Just like before, wearing a pristine labcoat with red eyes looking in my direction. However, her expression was far from happy, she seemed rather monotone instead, her hands hidden in the pockets of her coat.

Y/N: ...

I did not raise my voice back, waiting for her to continue.

Carmen: It's only going to get worse, everything will keep getting harsher, I've seen it many times.

"So why are you still pushing, knowing that fact?", that question was visible on her face, even without being uttered. Lightly shrugging off an uncomfortable sensation on my shoulders, I addressed the matter.

Y/N: Because I have faith, simple as that. I have the will to try until the end is reached. If I die? Well, I guess it's not really a question in this place, death is not a permanent concept here.

There is nothing gained by giving up, especially in a prison of madness such as Lobotomy Corporation. This is why, no matter how diffult the ordeals shown are, I try my best to keep a straight figure to face it, to try my best to protect those who rely on me even if I'm not some almighty deity who can accomplish everything. I'm not strong, that much is obvious, I break apart if my plan fails and the deaths surrounding me fill me with an unending anguish that forever haunts me as demons in my slumber but if I have to say one thing: it's that I'm not giving up yet despite all of that and I won't as long as others are still present and needing my assistance.

I tend to want to do everything for the sake of others but I still know to demand support if a situation demands it, I rely on others just as much as people rely on me.

Y/N: I continue because people still believe in me, they believe in the words I tell them, even if it sometimes ressemble like mumbles of a lunatic. I want to prove them right just as much as I wish to leave this place.

Answering with what my heart had to say, I confronted the lady facing me, a fragment who shouldn't exist anymore.

Y/N: We're all working under a single goal and we all rely on each other to assure our survival. Our motivation may be weak but we're still trying and we're making progress.

Carmen: ...

Y/N: You should remember how you led those people under a common goal, people believed in you, just like how people are believing in me and putting their lives in my hands to protect them.