Day 32.5: Rabbits

Y/N: So... this is where the meeting will happen?

I asked while looking around the room that we were in, a large screen on one side and a table on the other one with chairs, one for each of us and one more for who I assumed would be the Rabbits' representative.

Gebura: Like previous times...

Those words sounded rather grim coming from her mouth, leaving a trail of shivers on it's path. Thankfully, Angela stepped inside the room and greeted the both of us, sitting next to me while Gebura was on the other side of me.

Y/N: So... where's the Manager?

Angela: The Manager should arrive soon enough, give him enough time Y/N.

Y/N: ...

Unable to press further on the subject, I patiently waited until my legs started to become sore, forcing me to stand up in order to move around for a bit. While that was happening the sound of a door opening reached my ears and made turn around to the center of the room.

...There he was, a rather frail man with short and messy black hair looking at us with a pair of darkened eyes, almost soulless. Seeing that sight, I fell back inside my seat and observed the man slowly sitting down on a chair.

???: ...

Angela: Manager, you shouldn't look so gloomy right now.

Y/N: ...

I had a feeling, I felt like I saw that person before, in a distant past that ceased to exist in my memories. That feeling was almost like an instinct, my mind telling me that I indeed knew him but at the same time, it was my first time meeting the Manager.

Y/N: Manager, are you feeling alright?

I weakly asked and his dark look immediately vanished, now looking in my direction with wide eyes. He stood up and placed his left hand on the table, the right one pointing me.

???: Y/N?

Y/N: Y-Yes, that's me-

???: Oh thank god, you're still here, I was worried for a moment.

He sighed afterwards, showing his relief about my presence here right now. He walked around the table and stopped in front of me, grabbing my hand before shaking with a genuine smile.

???: I'm glad to see my best employee still looking fine, unlike most employees after 4 to 5 days.

Y/N: B-Best?! I'm not that good, you must be mistaken-

Angela: Y/N, the Manager had his eyes on you from the beginning, he even personally asked me to hire you on your first day.

Y/N: Really? Thank you Manager, I'm doing my best!

Answering back his handshake, I also smiled in response. That smile immediately brought 2 gazes upon me, fixating their entire attention on my face and making sure to not forget about that rare smile.

???: Glad to finally meet you in person, I know the work is hard for you but it is even more for me but I would like you to accept my apologies.

Y/N: Well...

I wasn't able to accept his request, hearing the door opening once more. I peeked beside the Manager and saw a person wearing an armor and a helmet stepping inside the room, silently observing the scene.

 I peeked beside the Manager and saw a person wearing an armor and a helmet stepping inside the room, silently observing the scene