Day 42: Arbiter Reawakened(pt.2)

Getting started, I let out my breath and opened fire on the woman teaming up with the abomination in my nightmares. The bullet quickly piercing through her suit, the battle truly began. Alter Ego, lacking the range that I had, charged ahead with her sword and raised it above her head.

Then, in a mere instant, her body vanished like air, only to reappear behind the Arbiter. Repeating a cycle of dashes to damage the Sephirah rampaging in front of us, her frown did not waver and only reinforced itself with each successful hits. It took me a moment to understand what she was doing but once I did, my eyes widened slightly.

In her own, awkward way, she was trying to mimic Gebura. The mighty Red Mist who shook the facility with her mere anger and none of her previous skills. Following the movements she did, she was attempting to perform the same maneuvers that the AI in red repeated in this cycle of looped days. Nonetheless, her gritted teeth showed her strength of will when clashing against the being dominating her in every aspects when it came to combat.

"A nuisance."

"The cause of all of this... must be eliminated."

With the voices getting darker and darker, I could feel a dangerous aura starting to form around the arm of the one carrying that mixture of the plague, the one thing that I would call a disease of the mind. Refusing to let that slip by, I hurriedly inserted a second bullet into the barrel and shot at the liquid-like entity to catch its attention.

Y/N: How about you learn to commit to something before opening your mouth!

My voice ripping through the almagamation more than any weaponry ever could hope to achieve, it slowly slid down on the ground before aiming me at a fast pace like a snake chasing its prey, going on the offensive.

It was all or nothing, I knew for certain, if I dropped my guard for a moment I could say goodbye to my sanity, it would latch onto me and it would be the end but at least it won't bother any of the other employees trying to suppress Binah, it was all up to me to deal with that shapeless demon.

"Return return return..."

"Why is this happening to us... T... T..."

"Accept us back!"

Y/N: ...

Although I did arbor a confident face when I called out to it, now that I was facing it, my doubts quickly emerged on the surface. Stepping on the side to avoid the first attack, a light headache echoed in my head like an annoying sound that I could not silence. Spinning around like a furious animal blindly charging at anything that moves, it returned once more for a second assault.

I could not afford to lack behind, I had to keep up for my own sake alongside everyone else's. Dashing backward, I dodged yet again, the floor under my feet sliding like ice. I had more than enough days to get used to it and with enough experience, that was the least I could do. Like a performer on a scene, I kept my movements quick and with ease, the moment fatigue would settle in would be the moment I should start to think of a second plan.

...No, that's not a good mindset.

Binah: Out of my way.

Y/N: ?!

Taken aback by the voice disrupting my flow, a sudden eruption of pain caused my nervous system to enter a meltdown. I don't know how she did it but it felt as though the air itself turned into razor blades, cutting me from all angles. Still charging at me, the dark and colorful threat  jumped on the opportunity and forced me to get a little more reckless in my movements