Day 17: The Eyes of Darkness

-A month later, we concluded that there was no such thing as the beast.

Y/N: You should have seen her, she was crying, I feel bad for her.

Once in the room, I talked to Alter Ego about Hod and her reaction when I told her that I was leaving the Training team. Meanwhile, she was looking in the mirror with a disgusted expression because of the lipstick still applied on her lips.

Alter Ego: Really? A Sephirah shouldn't lose control of their emotions that easily, at least to some extent.

Y/N: ...Maybe but I still feel bad for telling her that.

Alter Ego: Even if you didn't tell her, she would just learn it the hard way.

I sighed, knowing that it's true and prepared myself to go to sleep.

Alter Ego: Don't worry, it's not your fault.

The next day...

Y/N: *Sigh*

I looked at the table with an impatient look, my eyes fixated on that damned door in order to see the Sephirah.

Alter Ego: Why is he taking so long?

We were all waiting for something to happen but the Sephirah never showed up, making us organize our day by ourselves.

*Beep*

Alter Ego: Oh look, I'm gonna go work with miss red.

Y/N: Be careful.

Alter Ego: I will.

She walked out of the room and I stared at the pile of files that I had to complete by the end of the day. Knowing that looking at it wouldn't change how long it would take, I immediately started only to be interrupted by the beeping of the screen beside me.

Y/N: *Sigh* Can someone deal with this for me?

One of the employees nodded and started working on the files while I made my way to the containment unit of the abnormality. Once inside, I took out my pen from one of my pockets and prepared myself.

 Once inside, I took out my pen from one of my pockets and prepared myself

Y/N: ...I don't know why but you remind me of the little bird from the Control team.

I said that out loud to the abnormality and started making my observations, occasionally glancing at it in case it tried anything weird.

Intercom: Warning! Punishing bird has escaped containment!

Y/N: ...The fuck?

I looked at the monitor next to me and saw it roaming around the corridors, bashing itself against the employees while they were trying their best to ignore it.

Y/N: Hey, isn't that your friend?

I asked that to the gigantic bird standing in front of me and it focused on the monitor, chirping a little when it noticed the small bird.